PDA

View Full Version : My bench setup..

Birdy
06-16-2012, 07:46 PM
This is a old pic of my bench. There is 3 more radios on it now. Its not much but it does the job...

Mr.5150cbrn
06-16-2012, 08:27 PM
nice setup , cold 'dew what more could a person need?
what kind of gear ya have , just being nosey?

Birdy
06-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I added my 101E (non-export) my Browning Mark IV and a UHF rig to the bench. I need to buy a bigger bench or get another like I have. Sucks when you have more radios to put in line and you run out of room...

High Voltage Mobile NJ
06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
i love your setup Birdy , very clean and awsome :300 (194):

Mr.5150cbrn
06-16-2012, 11:12 PM
oh i hear ya Birdy
the 101e , eats up some area.
add the yo-100 scope , the landliner /ext. speaker and the freq counter and the area gets really small

looks great !

Bulldog-Unit777
06-17-2012, 07:04 AM
Very nice collection of equipment!

:victorious:

Mistah Gravy
06-22-2012, 06:50 AM
cut it out with the "it's not much" lol.nice set-up.i've been slow going with my set-up and just recently put my 2000GTL on my desk.i have the antenna mounted in the tree i want it in but not as high as i'd like.i'll either figure out a way to get it up higher and then do the lightning grounding thing.or i'll just hire the guy i spoke to before that said he'd climb the tree to mount the antenna.if he'll climb,then maybe i can choose a different tree in my yard that he could get much much higher(i need all the height i can get,living in a low lying town).

well either way,i had hoped to be all set to dx over a month ago but crap happens and my money gets diverted to other things(broke bastid!!).this week i'll be spending more than normal amount on medicine co-pays since i spent the last week in the hospital with some sort of serious double pneumonia(they told me yesterday,that the day that i came in via ambulance they were very close to shipping me up to the ICU).

but i may also set up one of my 148GTL's on my desk as well.i just need to buy a power supply for one of the little no-name amps i've got.

anyways,nice set-up and stop being so modest.i've got much less and it's taken me a long time for even that.:smug:

Birdy
06-22-2012, 07:39 AM
I have been in this for better than 25 years. There is more test equipment still boxed up but i got both beams up and running and various omni antennas. a couple of friends and my brothers setup makes mine look very small.. lol .. Gravy hope you feel better.

Mr.5150cbrn
06-22-2012, 07:55 AM
417a small set up myself , granted it takes time to gather , a piece here a part there
just keeping it real and in hobby terms .... cheap

not pictured in my arsenal on the overlooking shelf is a 2000gtl , saturn-turbo
a few other antiquated test equipment and what nots .

its not what ya have . its the fact that its yours and the pride of being able to say its yours
ps. gravy sorry to hear of your misfortune , but hope your feeling better!
hang in there , things will workout fine for you

Birdy
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I still have to replace a drake 4 line and then i should be good.. well for now.. lmfao.. think I may need to get mental help.. lol

Birdy
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Got the new bench light in today.. They say its better than last years unit.. time will tell..