PDA

View Full Version : My Intro..

Silverado 996
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Good Morning from the Lone Star State!

I'm just now getting back into the world CB's. I just installed my first CB rig since 1993 - 1994, my Senior year in high school. My new new rig is a Cobra 29LXLE, 5' Firestik FS-5 and a 12 watt Uniden bearcat external speaker. My rig is bare foot for now, I'm planning on running a KL203 to start of with... I have no idea about all of the new stuff, mods and what not's. Im here to learn... I'm also looking for a few contacts around my area, so if you live in the Georgetown and Round Rock and Cedar Park, TX areas send me a PM.

Thanks, I cant wait to get into the mix in here.

Jabberwalk

doughboy
08-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the board jabberwalk

Silverado 996
08-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the board jabberwalk

Cant wait to meet a few of y'all in here.

Bulldog-Unit777
08-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome Jabberwalk to CB Junkies, enjoy!

Silverado 996
08-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks! Is this website affiliated with MaulDroppers? Y'all have the same layout... just wondering

Bulldog-Unit777
08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
This forum program is popular. NO, CB Junkies is not affiliated with Mauldroppers. There are a lot of forums out on the world wide web. In the hobby of radio communications there are about a dozen of them if not more. What makes a good forum is first the members. The quality of the posts along with the forum user tools to make every bit of info stand out. Forum rules vary for each one and the enforcement of them too. The administrators are a little flexiable but in the end it is all about enjoying what the fourum has to offer. Just because a forum is on the internet with members that do not mean it is a good forum on radio communications. Unfortunately Mauldroppers has tried several times to become a good forum but, well... I'll leave it like that. Have a great stay here at CB Junkies, Bulldog.

Silverado 996
08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
This forum program is popular. NO, CB Junkies is not affiliated with Mauldroppers. There are a lot of forums out on the world wide web. In the hobby of radio communications there are about a dozen of them if not more. What makes a good forum is first the members. The quality of the posts along with the forum user tools to make every bit of info stand out. Forum rules vary for each one and the enforcement of them too. The administrators are a little flexiable but in the end it is all about enjoying what the fourum has to offer. Just because a forum is on the internet with members that do not mean it is a good forum on radio communications. Unfortunately Mauldroppers has tried several times to become a good forum but, well... I'll leave it like that. Have a great stay here at CB Junkies, Bulldog.

Roger that... I know what you mean, and thats the reason why I ended up here. They argue a lot on that forum... to many pissing matches if you know what I mean.

Beercanman
08-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Roger that... I know what you mean, and thats the reason why I ended up here. They argue a lot on that forum... to many pissing matches if you know what I mean.

It's not arguing, it's ball busting.

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

Bulldog-Unit777
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, a lot of ball busting! I heard somebody was trying to sell Ball Busting Insurance, lol! Free gift, Snake Oil...

Silverado 996
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok then its ball busting...