PDA

View Full Version : Dual Hot Antenna setup

D-MAX 2112
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Anyone running dual hots at 86in spacing?.. If so what antennas are you running and how did they tune?

Thanks
Keith

CBRN38
09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
big mike runs 2 hots, a back door, and 3 directors. he has won the 6 pill in nj

D-MAX 2112
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Ok.. i have my setup for 2 hots and 86 in spacing.. wondering what antenna's people are running.. and some details like shaft lenth..ect. No names and 55's ..haha..i know.

Beercanman
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
You said shaft...

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

1iwilly
09-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Ok.. i have my setup for 2 hots and 86 in spacing.. wondering what antenna's people are running.. and some details like shaft lenth..ect. No names and 55's ..haha..i know.
from what i understand the required spacing should be 6ft for it to work.???

JesseJamesDallas
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I use to run 2 hots at 86"...Used Predator 10K's with 17" lower shafts...Coolbreeze helped me out with the coax lengths..."This is the Importaint part!" different lengths coax determines your signal pattern...

Ran that for a while, then just went to a bounce-back set-up, and couldn't tell much difference. Right now I'm just running one antenna, but can switch back to bounce-back at anytime.

CBRN38
09-13-2012, 08:11 PM
6 foot for 2 hots is one of those wifes tales that is a buch of bull shit.

If you get two hots set up right, I said IF a bounce back will still do a tad better. even the "books" say that.
my bounce back set up does not have a tight RX pattern like alot of 2 hot guys say. it can also be tunes in under 20 min. 2 hots takes much longer when dealing with coax lengths

D-MAX 2112
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok .. maybe some input from the guru's PLEASE..?? im running rfs 1/2 superflex hardline with a velocity factor of .81 @ 27mhz so i used the coax calcultor here.. I have now 12.77 ft of coax. So its somewhere between the 1/2 wave 1/4 wave. Am i in trouble here? Im kind of in-between more to the 1/2 wave lenth.

For coax with Vf = .81, 1/2 wavelength = 4.5 m, 450 cm, 14.76 ft & 177.17 in

For coax with Vf = .81, 1/4 wavelength = 2.25 m, 225 cm, 7.38 ft & 88.58 in

D-MAX 2112
09-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Im ok with spending some time tuning.. i will have to do it on 2 diff sets of antennas though.. Just not sure which antennas.. i like noizy's but hes super busy and i wanna get out there and key.. maybe FB 55 copies. Hv has a set of Star gunns to try.. first round with them they wouldnt tune... tried them on a bounce back sys and they wouldnt tune there either... he has longer stingers this next round.
For giggles i threw my FB R4 front puck hooked up the mfj and was shocked 1.2 swr r 40 x3 never touched it.. from my honda to the front puck.. go figure.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Im ok with spending some time tuning.. i will have to do it on 2 diff sets of antennas though.. Just not sure which antennas.. i like noizy's but hes super busy and i wanna get out there and key.. maybe FB 55 copies. Hv has a set of Star gunns to try.. first round with them they wouldnt tune... tried them on a bounce back sys and they wouldnt tune there either... he has longer stingers this next round.
For giggles i threw my FB R4 front puck hooked up the mfj and was shocked 1.2 swr r 40 x3 never touched it.. from my honda to the front puck.. go figure.

i thought you are running 2 8 foot pieces .

D-MAX 2112
09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Your right HV ..1 pc from front puck to rear puck 2nd pc rear puck to connector end. I need to re measure the rear puck lenth to connector. I know i had to get around 1 brace in the roof so its not exactly 8ft front.. The rear section may be shorter then 8 ft.. tomorrow im going to get a measurement.

CBRN38
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
this project is already doomed to disaster

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-14-2012, 11:49 PM
this project is already doomed to disaster

you dont no shit , fuck off . pack ya bags . :300 (176): you got booted off of here because your a fucktard . i can make anything work .

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-14-2012, 11:51 PM
thats ok . as long as its close . :300 (184):

D-MAX 2112
09-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks CBRN38 for being helpful!!

I love it when someone says "its doomed" I wasnt born with the dual hot setup data in my head..so questions and mistakes will occur... BUT like anything else in my life when they said i couldnt do it... IT GOT DONE IN A BIG WAY"!!
So maybe you deal with chumps who howdy doody stuff.. .. so do me a favor ..keep the erncouragement coming.. it motivates me!!.. Soon the 2112 burban WILL be in DX land!

Dam chumps!!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks CBRN38 for being helpful!!

I love it when someone says "its doomed" I wasnt born with the dual hot setup data in my head..so questions and mistakes will occur... BUT like anything else in my life when they said i couldnt do it... IT GOT DONE IN A BIG WAY"!!
So maybe you deal with chumps who howdy doody stuff.. .. so do me a favor ..keep the erncouragement coming.. it motivates me!!.. Soon the 2112 burban WILL be in DX land!

Dam chumps!!

i was taught from the best down in the south !!!!!! old school aways know's the best way to make an awsome killing ! :saturn: when its all said and done , out will come them tears from the bandcampers and the none disbelievers . :nono::music:
DMax 2112 you will always have the last laugh . thats just the way that goes when you got the brains and you mwork it on your suburban , breakaaaaaaaa .

Beercanman
09-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Lol!!!

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

D-MAX 2112
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM

I love it when someone tells me im doomed and cant do something.. Belive me it WILL get done... I did have help from Mr Noisemaker NJ!!!.. he had a bunch of antennas and stingers that i didnt have for testing and with his assistance ..BAM !!! Dual Hots tuned-wide- AND ONE HELL OF A TUNE!!!

Thanks Noisey for your help!!!!

noisemaker
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah i can live with those numbers.. PLUS you still have room to tweak. Let me know when youre ready to de-flower it.. I wanna be there for the devastation :-D Nothing is impossible dude! look what i did with a PRIUS! hahaha (& i still havent killed it... yet..)

[QUO
TE=D-MAX 2112;4760]529

I love it when someone tells me im doomed and cant do something.. Belive me it WILL get done... I did have help from Mr Noisemaker NJ!!!.. he had a bunch of antennas and stingers that i didnt have for testing and with his assistance ..BAM !!! Dual Hots tuned-wide- AND ONE HELL OF A TUNE!!!

Thanks Noisey for your help!!!![/QUOTE]

D-MAX 2112
09-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah that Prius.. i scratch my head every time i see that... GO GREEN... and devastate!!.. Its a "calm green machine".. no its a "rf slinging Machine" Its confused..and thats the way Noizy likes it!!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-23-2012, 09:34 PM
awsome job Noisemaker and Dmax 2112 ! :ranger: :applause: :300 (259):

JesseJamesDallas
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
So where's the Pic's?

D-MAX 2112
09-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Pics of??..My beat up Surburban?..its no show piece thats for sure..but it will TALK! . Now if i can stop traveling for work i can get it cleaned up..now its tools all over..headliner still 1/2 down LOL.. i could take a pic of the mess. But dont think anyone wants to see that.

CBRN38
09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
you got good analyzer reading. whats the gain? whats the directivity? what phsing did you end up with.

btw dmax if I was going to ride you about 2 hots. it wouldnt be friendly replies to your post. you asked i answered.

D-MAX 2112
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Im loving this dual hot setup.. using my small amp dx all weekend long.. tons of skip contacts.. Reflect is nice and low.. about 3-5w ..Also is a bit directional out the front... i have best of both worlds.
So all the bullshit is just that bullshit..it works and works very well out in the world of skip.
Big FU to the doubters and the "project is doomed dinks"!

CBRN38
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I can get out with my one antenna mobile and be directional out the front with the antenna mounted in the back.
I can also lock up skip if mother nature lets me.

Your FU post is lame and a waste of everyones time. a coat hanger can be made to work also.

the best thing is you still have no idea the gain and pattern do you?

You have now entered the relm of bandcamping. there is no turning back

D-MAX 2112
10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I only know by field strenth my strong an weak areas.. no i dont know what the gain is.. at this point i dont care!.. Im having a blast with it And THERES NOTHNG YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. and thats all i care about.
You can try to baffle me with your double bullshit.

1- i dont care about your time

2- I love my setup and how its working

3- I could care less about your opinion.

4- Your the King of the "legend in his own mind Syndrome".

5- Theres I REPEAT "NOT A DAM THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

Enjoy talking to yourself..its like listening to "charlie browns" mom... wah wah blah blah.

CBRN38
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
ROFLMFAO Tool Max has lost it. Are you having a booty monster moment?
1. no one asked of you did
2. you will untill i cut your radio off with 1/2 the power
3. you shouldnt have asked, where is that pm, was it on facebook maybe.
4. I am a legend, no one can irritate more people by stating fact then I. or even just by saying hello.
and on top of that I got the evidence to prove it. you are number 12548.
5. your right, there is nothing i can do about your stupidity, two faced ( see statement 3), you are a mud duck, or the fact that your body shape resembles that of a mutilated catfish.

as for charlie brown. WOW you had to ride my coat tails, use ones of my comments to attempt in a very lame fashion to do what? insult me, irritate me? HA good luck with that.

Next

High Voltage Mobile NJ
10-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I can get out with my one antenna mobile and be directional out the front with the antenna mounted in the back.
I can also lock up skip if mother nature lets me.

Your FU post is lame and a waste of everyones time. a coat hanger can be made to work also.

the best thing is you still have no idea the gain and pattern do you?

You have now entered the relm of bandcamping. there is no turning back

that better not be you posting this bullshit CBRN38 AKA Cool Breeze , sit ya ass down and bump on my stargun ya jackass , lol lol lol lol lol

noisemaker
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Lmao. Im making some coathangers next! If anything will be worth a good laugh! :-D

CBRN38
10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
hv im going to cut your radio off again

High Voltage Mobile NJ
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
never happen cool breeze . i got the power breakaaaaaaaaa .:smash::flame:

CBRN38
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM
looks like this project was doomed......... hv was helping.. nothing could save him

High Voltage Mobile NJ
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
looks like this project was doomed......... hv was helping.. nothing could save him

What on earth are you talking about ? hello earth have we met , lol lol lol

everything is fine with D-maxs suburban , nothing is doomed at all , he's just having a grand time keying on base stations and keeping that maul down breakaaaaaaaa . :300 (15)::300 (103)::300 (239)::300 (239):