PDA

View Full Version : My pace 162 am 23 channel

ducksoupe
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Some might know in forums I try to get radios in the box with all the manuals and Letter to the FCC for license . Not an easy feat . I have obtained 5 and all were great finds. I saw on Ebay a Pace 162 am radio saying never used and packed in original box . the bidding started at $ 29 and I put it on my watch list . I am familiar with the radio and knew it was a base . Well nobody bid and it was taken off .
couple days later and up it went again for the $29 . I called the buyer and asked all I could. I asked if he would just plug it in and see if it lit . It did . I asked if he would renege if I put the $29 up and no one else would bid . We had an agreement . He and I had a perfect rating on Ebay . Well I won the bid and received it well packed . The radio was in its original box with all the paperwork, even the. paperwork to send to the FCC for a license . The best part was plugging into the wall and seeing bright lights and clear audio .It fits nicely into my collection . Ebay is a buyer beware enterprise , not for the faint of heart .:300 (6): I just wanted people to know there are good finds out there if you collect . I am going into some ham sets so thats a whole new area for me and no doubt more expensive. Hope everyone in our CB Junkies has luck too.

CircuitRider
01-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Good for you. I had a Pace radio early on but have no recollection of the model # or even what it looked like. I think that they call it oldtimer's or something like that.:have a nice day:

ducksoupe
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
I went to the web and got a picture of it . Maybe jog your memory . Some people go for the big rigs, I try for ones not used in over atleast 20 years in the box with all the literature . 609

tsfardaya
01-14-2023, 07:58 PM
I have a Pace CB 162 new in box. Do you know its value? Thanks.