PDA

View Full Version : Doing Buisness here in Central Texas (CB Radios)

jhorak101
02-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I have been into radios now for about 4 years here in Central Texas since I moved here from Albuquerque NM after I retired from the Air Force. I would like to make a suggestion if you are in this area of Waco Temple Belton Killeen Fort Hood region just be careful who you do business with as far as repairs, purchases and horse traders. Get work done IN Writing and all sales in writing, to include swaps, trades horse trades etc etc. I have been given different answers by different so called subject matter experts in this area , anyone who wants to try and sell you a radio instead of trying to repair one be weary of. I say this base on trial and error. I just dont like seeing people get scammed ripped of and used.

doughboy
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
you have a good point but you cant always go by what one person says vrs what another says on how to do it theres always more then one way to skin a cat so to speak all the ways may not be the right way though i tend to judge by the equipment they have yes its not always a good meter of judgement because just cause they have it doesnt mean they can use it but most hacks wont have a spectrum analyzer or service monitor some will have scopes because they are cheap enough but even an old junky used spec analyzer usally runs a couple thousand

jhorak101
02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I would consider a good subject matter expert one that has proper tools and equipment such as a good O Scope meters and test equipment and someone who believes in tuning radios up to works at peak performance and not tuning them down simply because he or she believes that doing so is not ethical. Or someone who want to sell you a new radio instead of trying to repair a radio I see a lot of theis in the technology world computer world too.After 20 years in the armed forces I have a good Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) Gut feeling whether some one has integrity or not.

jhorak101
02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
We also have a bunch of people that like to do horse trading be careful with this practice too.