PDA

View Full Version : getting back into the game

680maine
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
I've been away from the hobby a while and sold most of my stuff years ago when I deployed. Now I'm back home and getting back into the hobby I'm gonna attempt to build a few amps. It's been probably 10yrs or more since I had my hands in a box. So I'm gonna start out with a small 2pill driver, once the rest of my parts come in ill post some pics of my progress, as well as ask some questions along the way when I hit a mental road block.

NY714
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing.

Dirty Diaper
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Welcome, 3x7 said that.

Silverado 996
02-08-2014, 07:05 PM
I've been away from the hobby a while and sold most of my stuff years ago when I deployed. Now I'm back home and getting back into the hobby I'm gonna attempt to build a few amps. It's been probably 10yrs or more since I had my hands in a box. So I'm gonna start out with a small 2pill driver, once the rest of my parts come in ill post some pics of my progress, as well as ask some questions along the way when I hit a mental road block.

Did you ever get started on your 2 pill?

Florida sniper
06-13-2016, 11:08 AM

Me too after 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan im trying to get back too but when i left poeple use to help each other and its going to take me a while to be like i was before!!! Lol!!!! Everything is so expensive now good Lord!! Lol!!!

mjd420nova
06-23-2020, 06:20 PM
I've got all the gear but no base to put up an antenna or a suitable mobile. After serving in the Navy in Hawaii and being part of the states civil defense communications system, have a good selection of gear and a bench full of test equipment. Most cars are all plastic and tough to find a solid mount for a whip or rigid mast. Will have to wait for the payout to get a motor coach.

Josh904
07-22-2020, 08:13 PM
I'm anxious to see your work!