PDA

View Full Version : Manchester 2012

noisemaker
12-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Whos going? Im gonna try like hell. We should get a bunch of burbs together and make the trip down.

Bigmic919
12-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I already told the wife not to schedule anything for that weekend that I would be in TN. HAHA

noisemaker
12-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Nice! I wanted to go last year but as usual something came up.

Lunchbox
12-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I was there this year and it's a blast. Two thumbs up.

Bigmic919
12-20-2011, 12:19 AM
I was planning on going this year but had to go to a youth conference with the Church. First things first. Next year I am gonna be there with bells on and hopefully a new truck and maybe even a Noizy built antenna...:yo !:

noisemaker
12-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Ha! If i am able to make it i will have a truck full of sticks for sale! Lol

skyhawktexas
12-20-2011, 09:27 AM
This year is going to depend on a couple of things if I go. I have been attending this break for the past 4 or 5 years now.

After the new year I will be ordering a Factory Five GTM to put together and a new crate motor to replace the motor that I will be pulling out of the camaro.

If I am not finished with the car at the time of the break... I will not be coming. Or if I am finished and still fighting the state of Texas to register the car so I can drive it on the road.... I will not be coming.

If I am finished with it.. I will definitely be there.

For all of those who have never attended the break. It is definitely a break worth going to. Just so some of you all are aware. There is no actual keydown at this break. So if you are coming just for a "Keydown". Then you will be disappointed.

If you are coming just to party/social. You will not be disappointed. A lot of kids are around. So no need to worry about the kids getting bored if you bring them. Also there is plenty of alcohol to go around.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
welcome on in Skyhawktexas !!!!!!!!!! bump bump

skyhawktexas
12-21-2011, 02:34 PM
welcome on in Skyhawktexas !!!!!!!!!! bump bumpMany thanks bro.

Lunchbox
12-22-2011, 08:11 PM
That was one sick Camaro SKyhawk had, I didn't like the bodystyle til' I saw it rip down the highway with a wilson 5k on it....Very nice.

D-MAX 2112
12-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Would be cool... im in if other will go.!

skyhawktexas
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Many thanks lunchbox.

doughboy
01-09-2012, 08:41 AM
do they sell alot of stuff there like a hamfest

skyhawktexas
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
do they sell alot of stuff there like a hamfest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9_NXrrElI

High Voltage Mobile NJ
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
awsome footage !!!!!! thank alot skyhawktexas . watching that over and over again . i dont think i could ever get out of cb radio now !!!!

skyhawktexas
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
awsome footage !!!!!! thank alot skyhawktexas . watching that over and over again . i dont think i could ever get out of cb radio now !!!!Budweiser Kid made that video. As I told many people before who has never been to manchester. This is not your common break. People worried about who won the keydown does not exist... because there is no keydown. And how you see the people standing in the parking lot.... This pretty much happens all weekend. On average, even though the break officially starts on Friday... every one usually leaving Sunday Morning.... There is a group of us that usually start showing up around Monday/Tuesday.... by Wed you may have about 25 of us.... Thurs around 80 to 100.... Friday could very easily reach 200... (Some locals involved in these numbers also.) I think there was roughly around 4 to 5 hundred last time.

There is a lot of drinking involved. Many late nights. A lot of cooking. And most people do not even leave motel the whole weekend. There is a walmart right next to the motel. Several restaurants right next to motel for those that does not want to cookout. Steak House, Fast Food, Pizza, And even a couple home cooked. Gas station right next door also for those that does not want to go drive to get beer, cigs....