PDA

View Full Version : cobra 29 grounding

the caveman
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Well I've been searching on how I ground my 29 the right way but haven't found any direct information. Can you give me some help guys?

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
battery ground is ok . but when you start using 500 watts or greater , you wanna ground your radio to the steel frame for the best transfer. you be surprised the amount of rf floating around .

JesseJamesDallas
04-03-2013, 10:22 PM
May even run a extra ground wire off one of the bolts that holds the radio to it's mounting bracket, to the firewall...If you have the radio mounted to a plastic dash this can help with noise, and if you have one of those Mic's with a metal screen on front, it will help to keep the Mic from shocking your lip off!

Moonchild 747
05-06-2013, 10:13 PM
...if you have one of those Mic's with a metal screen on front, it will help to keep the Mic from shocking your lip off!

Soo freaking true...haha!

Moonchild 747
05-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Caveman,

Keep your ground as short as possible...Use a normal cheap volt meter to find the closest screw under your dash that shows to be a good ground...Don't share grounds with your radio same goes for your Amp...Keep the ground as short as possible...Now that's for electrical grounds...RF grounds will help connect doors, hoods, trucks, hatchbacks, and beds to the antenna's ground plane...I use old 75ohm cable tv coax and just pull off the shielding and solder the ends to some ring crimp terminals and bond the two pieces of metal to achieve a decent RF bond through out the vehicle...