PDA

View Full Version : RF Low Pass Filter question...

Silverado 996
04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
This maybe posted in the wrong area, if so I apologize.

Anyone have a website link for good low priced RF low pass filters? I'm looking for one thatcan handle over 200 watts. I'm not sure but should I get a 0 - 30MHZ filter? I also have a question about the static I get in my radio when driving under our traffic lights down here in town. Will the filter help with that as well?

Thanks,

Silverado

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-05-2013, 02:21 PM
don't worry about putting one on in the mobile. you loose gain slighty from having another connection break on the coax, and some of them are only rated like 500 or so. I made one of them explode with a 5 pill . I had one of those lightning surge , filters , lol lol

Silverado 996
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
don't worry about putting one on in the mobile. you loose gain slighty from having another connection break on the coax, and some of them are only rated like 500 or so. I made one of them explode with a 5 pill . I had one of theose lightning surge , filters , lol lol

Lightning?? Holy sheeeit! Are you sure that wasn't just server arcing from you antenna that turned into a massive back feed? Lol! I was going to install the RF filter in my truck, thanks for that info.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-05-2013, 09:04 PM
foooooooooooo 10 roger right on . :300 (195):

Silverado 996
04-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Hahaha! Too funny.

Bluethunder88
08-13-2013, 11:54 PM
put it after the radio and before the linear an amp only has a dirty output from a dirty radio if you put the low pass filter before the amp and after the radio it will clean up the input to the amp and make the amp have a clean output and it should not bleed over and have your radio properly aligned send it to SNAKERADIOS CUSTOMS

ILikeNeetStuff
11-07-2013, 02:19 AM
put it after the radio and before the linear an amp only has a dirty output from a dirty radio if you put the low pass filter before the amp and after the radio it will clean up the input to the amp and make the amp have a clean output and it should not bleed over and have your radio properly aligned send it to SNAKERADIOS CUSTOMS If your radio is overmodulating, this theoretically could work, but no amp is completely linear, especially the ones sold "for 10 meter use only". with a class C circuit like this, the amp can create it's own harmonics. If it was my set-up, I would not worry about filtering a mobile radio unless you use it parked in your driveway and neighbors are complaining.

Tallman
11-07-2013, 09:39 AM
If your radio is overmodulating, this theoretically could work, but no amp is completely linear, especially the ones sold "for 10 meter use only". with a class C circuit like this, the amp can create it's own harmonics. If it was my set-up, I would not worry about filtering a mobile radio unless you use it parked in your driveway and neighbors are complaining.
I did the tune up for Silverado 996 and it is not being over modulated. His kicker is a push/pull that he won from this site. Anytime you have a push/pull amp at the very least it is a class "B" circuit. I think the builder fashioned it after the "X" force design. Which was copied and modified from another company. When it comes to this kind of equipment there are only so many ways of doing it properly so they all tend to appear to be the same. Some times a strong primary signal overload will interfere with circuits that aren't even meant to receive radio signals. Like the hard wired PA systems in gymnasiums and churches. One church I use to attend was right off of a busy highway and CB'ers and Ham operators would come across the PA. Got pretty entertaining sometimes. And now we will have a reading of the Gospel according to "Firecracker you gotcher ears up?"

ILikeNeetStuff
11-08-2013, 01:22 AM
I see. My amp is sold by X-Force on their site, so I might assume it's similarly designed. I have a story about causing radio interference with my base radio at the time, but I'll tread lightly for now. Thanks for the reply.