PDA

View Full Version : mauldroppers?

the caveman
05-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Whats the point on spending a bunch of money on a setup just to go key on someone that's right next to you?

Beercanman
05-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I'll key on you from over here. :D

Sent from your mom's mobile phone.

Silverado 996
05-30-2013, 04:56 PM
I do it to some of the loud mouth truckers that are pissy because of traffic. I key up a say, blah blah blah blah GET OVER IT!!!! Haha!

JesseJamesDallas
05-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Whats the point on spending a bunch of money on a setup just to go key on someone that's right next to you?
If I key up right next to you...You'll be heading to the nearest CB Shop to buy some new equipment.:300 (177)::300 (183):

Super Slab
05-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Why does a baseball player try to hit a homerun?
Why does a hockey player try to score a goal?

Super Slab
05-30-2013, 07:32 PM

Caveman....is dropping the Maul kind of like that forum called MauldroppersDOT.moc where all those kids with big amps key on people at donut shops? There is a donut break in VA this Saturday June 1st. I am driving down there to see all those big cb radios,,,I hope I don't get keyed on with my mud duck set up

the caveman
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
I understand the point of having a big fancy setup. I just don't see the point going to somewhere to key on one another and run the risk of losing big $. Unless you run homemade equipment that works great then that's awesome. I ain't trying to be rude to your maulers thayts just coming from my point of view. Continue keying up everyone:)

JesseJamesDallas
05-31-2013, 07:40 PM
I understand the point of having a big fancy setup. I just don't see the point going to somewhere to key on one another and run the risk of losing big $. Unless you run homemade equipment that works great then that's awesome. I ain't trying to be rude to your maulers thayts just coming from my point of view. Continue keying up everyone:)
Are you talking about "Shoot-Out's?" If so, your missing the whole point of a Shoot-Out...

Shoot-Out's are for two things....Bragging Right's, and Money!

Bragging rights that you have the Baddest Mobile in the area..
And the money comes from the events.

At a Shoot-Out, if it's a event where people come from all over, and pay a "Entry Fee", then there's usually Money and sometimes Trophy's given away to the winner's of each class...

"Class's" being a "2-pill class", 4 pill, 8 pill, etc....." They even have a "Sky's the Limit" class...

Way it works is you will enter a class for whatever your running, Like if your main Amp is a 4 pill, then you would enter the 4 pill class...Then you would line up right next to someone else with a 4 pill, and when told to "GO", you key-down and make as much noise as you can, trying to key over the guy next to ya....

A few miles away there will be another person listening, and he will be the judge on who was the loudest...Usually the guy doing the judging will also be doing a watergate (tapping) to keep things fair...

Depending on how many people enters each class, winner of each heap will move on to the next round, and you will go again, and the winner keeps moving up till there's a over-all winner...

Down side of Key-Downs, YES, you can blow your stuff up...But you can also win hundreds of dollars! (And a Trophy!)

-and all the bragging rights that go with being the winner...

Think of it as a NASCAR Race...Sponsors spend thousands of dollars on a car, thousands more on just the paint job, and then they let some guy go out and tare the thing up!

...They want that Trophy, Bragging rights, and the money....everything else is expendable...

Silverado 996
05-31-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm glad someone finally broke it down. Nice job Jesse!

the caveman
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Alright im seein the brighter side now thanks JJD!

Boozer
06-02-2013, 07:35 AM
I do it to some of the loud mouth truckers that are pissy because of traffic. I key up a say, blah blah blah blah GET OVER IT!!!! Haha! You lock down the Truckers with 2 pills ...... HAHAHA!!!!

Silverado 996
06-02-2013, 09:14 AM
You lock down the Truckers with 2 pills ...... HAHAHA!!!!

I know a 2 pill box is small, but its perfect for what I use my CB for, having fun! I'm not going to lie, I enjoy messing with a few truckers that are constantly crying about traffic.

the caveman
06-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I'll be locking them down with 4 pills when I get my radios power turned down.

Silverado 996
06-02-2013, 09:29 AM
What's the holdup? Get to choppin' them ducks.

Beercanman
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll be locking them down with 4 pills when I get my radios power turned down.

Go easy there duck plucker.

Sent from your mom's mobile phone.

the caveman
06-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I pluck em then I fry em.

CBRN38
06-02-2013, 09:23 PM
f that. key a 3cx3000 on ch 19 and lock down 3 counties at a time.

as for keydowns I won the 2,6,8 pill at this weekends event. where were you slab?

the caveman
06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not much on the comps. I just enjoy talking to whoever is hearing me. I'm going to hook up an old 4 pill to talk further and get a receive mod done to my radio.

Five hundred ninety eight
06-07-2013, 12:13 PM
It's a total macho trip. I like to just yell out the back door...

NY714
06-22-2013, 09:43 AM
I do it to some of the loud mouth truckers that are pissy because of traffic. I key up a say, blah blah blah blah GET OVER IT!!!! Haha!

Nice set-up, for the money I hear you sometimes on East end of Long Island, can beat it for the price. Always thought you had much bigger unit. It talks great !!!

Silverado 996
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Nice set-up, for the money I hear you sometimes on East end of Lonf Island, can beat it for the price. Always thought you had much bigger unit. It talks great !!!

Thanks 714! I like talkin to the East Coast. I've talked to some great sounding stations in that area.

anickode
08-17-2013, 10:11 PM
There's been a couple times I wished I could have fried me up some duck on the road. Most recently, I was Northbound on 23, and a big truck in the right lane decided for no reason that he wanted to be in the left lane where I was. He put on his blinker and moved on over, running me right off the road. I had to stand on the brakes to drop in behind him, then I passed him on the right (lane was completely empty). Must have been when he saw the wilson on top of my truck, he started SCREAMING over the radio about how big trucks get the right of way, and a blinker ain't a f#(&!ng suggestion and blah blah blah. Wish I had the power to blow that asshat's radio into oblivion as I rolled on past him.

On the bright side, a Michigan State Trooper on the southbound side saw him do it. Must've done a quick turnaround, because that big red Peterbilt was on the shoulder before he was even out of my rearview. I couldn't resist the temptation to make fun of him on the radio. He was screechin some unidentifiable profanity back at me when he cut out mid-sentence, probably to roll his window down for Officer Friendly.

the caveman
08-18-2013, 08:15 AM
There's been a couple times I wished I could have fried me up some duck on the road. Most recently, I was Northbound on 23, and a big truck in the right lane decided for no reason that he wanted to be in the left lane where I was. He put on his blinker and moved on over, running me right off the road. I had to stand on the brakes to drop in behind him, then I passed him on the right (lane was completely empty). Must have been when he saw the wilson on top of my truck, he started SCREAMING over the radio about how big trucks get the right of way, and a blinker ain't a f#(&!ng suggestion and blah blah blah. Wish I had the power to blow that asshat's radio into oblivion as I rolled on past him.

On the bright side, a Michigan State Trooper on the southbound side saw him do it. Must've done a quick turnaround, because that big red Peterbilt was on the shoulder before he was even out of my rearview. I couldn't resist the temptation to make fun of him on the radio. He was screechin some unidentifiable profanity back at me when he cut out mid-sentence, probably to roll his window down for Officer Friendly.
:rant: Lol man know how it is. I was rolling on down the highway and a big tanker decided to pass me... ON A TWO LANE HIGHWAY! And I was going 2 mph over the speed limit. Apparently 57 mph wasn't enough:mellow:

Silverado 996
08-18-2013, 09:06 AM

Haha!! Geez.. your lucky you didn't get hurt. I hope that prick got a big fat ticket.

the caveman
08-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Haha!! Geez.. your lucky you didn't get hurt. I hope that prick got a big fat ticket.
Big 10-4 on that. Some truck drivers don't realize how much damage they can do till its done. That son of a gun probably got a good bear bite and maybe even a talk from his employer:highly_amused:

619 NJ
08-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Try driving in Jersey...nobody gives a fffffff about anyone else!

NY714
08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Forget Locking down counties that are locals try talking around the world that is much more impressive that locking down locals

chewing tobacco
08-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I want to go to a keyoff its like drag racing your radio . and watch out for those truckers we are going to key it down some day lol:300 (165):