PDA

View Full Version : just got 3 radios dirt cheap

the caveman
07-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I got a Browning ltd, cobra 19 plus and a lake cb radio. The ltd and lake are 23 channel.

Gordon Gekko
07-10-2013, 02:48 AM
how much did you pay?

the caveman
07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
how much did you pay?
$35 the browning came with a turner rk56 noise canceling mic with a new heavy duty cord.

Gordon Gekko
07-11-2013, 02:52 AM
I got 7 radios for $35 once. The included some Cobra 29's, 25's and a Connex and I believe a couple of the radios has an rk56 and d104-m6b hanging off them. This was at a hamfest about 2 years ago. Hams hate CB so they tend to dump their cb shit cheap. it's a good place to get deals. Look up when your local hamfests will be and go. Flea markets too are great.

the caveman
07-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Awesome. Thanks Gordon.

Tallman
09-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Hams hate CB so they tend to dump their cb shit cheap. it's a good place to get deals. Hams do not hate CB radios! I still buy radios all the time. I fix 'em up and turn them for cash unless it is radio I really like. I have quite a few Cobra 148GTLs, Sears RoadTalker mobiles, and the RoadTalker Base/mobile units, and RadioShack radios of all types. I still run CB when I'm on the road. I think all hams started with CB's with the rare exception of the ones that had fathers who were ham radio operators.

ducksoupe
10-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I have quite a few vintage radios. The only sideband radio is my HR2510 and I do not want to use it in my car. My roadtalkers are bases. I bought a cheap Cobra Ultra 3 radio new for the car.I was suprised how well it works.One of my adapters allows me to use my Astatic power microphones on it.

the caveman
10-12-2013, 09:10 PM
I have quite a few vintage radios. The only sideband radio is my HR2510 and I do not want to use it in my car. My roadtalkers are bases. I bought a cheap Cobra Ultra 3 radio new for the car.I was suprised how well it works.One of my adapters allows me to use my Astatic power microphones on it.
I Tend to stay away from 23 channel radios. I only got the browning for ssb a and the mic. Thren learned most of the talking happens on the upper channels like 38. This Tuesday the old feller I mess around cb stuff with is trading me a few things for that radio and mic. He goes by "preacher black". He usually hangs out on the upper channels since he has a channel kit on his base.