PDA

View Full Version : galaxy DX 979

the caveman
07-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Ive been looking at those galaxy DX 979s and I'm itching to burn some cash for one. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them? Im thinking about getting one from bells cab and having him tune it for $25.

619 NJ
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Ive been looking at those galaxy DX 979s and I'm itching to burn some cash for one. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about them? Im thinking about getting one from bells cab and having him tune it for $25.

Get the 959. You won't be disappointed. And the guy at Bells does a decent tune up on those radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

chewing tobacco
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
check out ( CB radio magazine.com) I've never talked on one I looked at their review I want one too
195 the caveman
im 189 chewing tobacco I'm done

the caveman
07-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Get the 959. You won't be disappointed. And the guy at Bells does a decent tune up on those radios.

Well I wanted a 959 but I looked at all they features the 979 had and the low price and small chassis and decided that its exactly what I needed in my small truck. I know the 959 has a freq counter but I have a diff idea for my ext freq counter that I will purchase later. I'm going to install it into my dash (just for a cool factor and read it while driving). Thanks 189 Caveman shaking a hand and I'm gone.

JesseJamesDallas
07-24-2013, 08:01 PM
check out ( CB radio magazine.com) I've never talked on one I looked at their review I want one too
195 the caveman
im 189 chewing tobacco I'm done
You have talked to me before...That's what I have in my work Van...I got mine from Bell's. They did a video on the radio when they tuned it (which they do on all their radios) and posted it on Youtube for me to see what it was doing when it left their shop...IMO, all the on-line shops should do this, but Bells is the only one I know of that does it on every radio that leaves their shop.

the caveman
07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
You have talked to me before...That's what I have in my work Van...I got mine from Bell's. They did a video on the radio when they tuned it (which they do on all their radios) and posted it on Youtube for me to see what it was doing when it left their shop...IMO, all the on-line shops should do this, but Bells is the only one I know of that does it on every radio that leaves their shop.

I'm just posting again here to make sure I get all the info I can so I know what I'm getting. I've been screwed on a deal for a radio before. I bought a cobra 29 night watch that was "like new" and "tuned" from a guy in Ohio and when I got it was in bad shape, beat and scratched up, not a night watch, bad swr meter, had one of those super whack packs done to it. The worst part is I bought it from a shops website. Needless to say I haven't had anything to do with them for 7 years. I guess he's out of business now.

JesseJamesDallas
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Buy New, and from a shop with a good reputation and you won't have a problem...

I would stay-away from buying off eBay, unless your just into gambling...

619 NJ
07-25-2013, 05:58 AM
I'm just posting again here to make sure I get all the info I can so I know what I'm getting. I've been screwed on a deal for a radio before. I bought a cobra 29 night watch that was "like new" and "tuned" from a guy in Ohio and when I got it was in bad shape, beat and scratched up, not a night watch, bad swr meter, had one of those super whack packs done to it. The worst part is I bought it from a shops website. Needless to say I haven't had anything to do with them for 7 years. I guess he's out of business now.

I personally have never dealt with Bell's, but have had friends who have and have been very happy with them.

the caveman
07-25-2013, 06:45 AM
I personally have never dealt with Bell's, but have had friends who have and have been very happy with them.

So far everything I've heard is good about bells. I like that I can have him tune it before he sends it out:popcorn3:

JesseJamesDallas
07-25-2013, 05:19 PM
So far everything I've heard is good about bells. I like that I can have him tune it before he sends it out:popcorn3:
Lot's of shops tune radios before they ship out...As for what you may or may-not have herd about Bells, you can't always go by what you see posted in these Forums, because everyone and their dog has their opinion on "Who's the best" ...and who to stay away from...If you look long enough, I'm sure you can find posts that say "Bells is crap"...

the caveman
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Lot's of shops tune radios before they ship out...As for what you may or may-not have herd about Bells, you can't always go by what you see posted in these Forums, because everyone and their dog has their opinion on "Who's the best" ...and who to stay away from...If you look long enough, I'm sure you can find posts that say "Bells is crap"...

Yeah your right there JJD. Everyone has a downside or someone thats had a bad experience with a shop.