PDA

View Full Version : antenna tuning

Squirrel Slayer
12-21-2016, 05:42 AM
If I tune an antenna to a one-to-one match for one radio would it have to be returned if I put in another radio in the vehicle or would the same turning be acceptable or would I have to retune it to the new radio?

JesseJamesDallas
12-21-2016, 05:54 AM
Once the antenna is tuned...Your done. Only time you may want to recheck the antenna, is if you move it, (different mounting location) or stick it on a different vehicle.

Changing radios doesn't affect the antenna.

222DBFL
12-21-2016, 06:25 AM
And if changing radios does affect the tune of the antenna, you may have a radio issue!! But like JJD said, tune it and it's done unless you move it or have a coax issue or something happens to the antenna like being hit hard and making the mount move or if it's a magnet mount knocking it off the vehicle. Have a good one.
And Merry Christmas to All. Hope everyone has a good one!!! Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to get a new antenna[emoji106][emoji106]. Been eying the SPT500. Will see though as 4 kids will kill your wallet fast LOL!!!!

Squirrel Slayer
12-21-2016, 06:32 AM
I thank you very much I run a Galaxy 949 right now but I think for Christmas Santa Claus is bringing me something
different and I wasn't sure if I had to go through all that trouble again. I use a 108 inch whip and I got it down to 1.2 on both 1 and 40 so I'm a happy camper with that. But thanks again and Merry Christmas !