preps
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Another NOOB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used an 1 1/4" conduit then the 1 3/8" fence rail inside it. Worked perfect for the tornado. Just brace it well and you will be okay. The tornado is a light antenna. You may want to wait til antenna is in hand before you buy any conduit though just in case.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just at the Depot and looked at options. Antenna should arrive by Monday but my computer's hard drive decided to take a dump yesterday so now I'm on a search for a new computer and someone that can recover files from that hard drive. Dang,........ Christmas is looking bad right now for everyone but me ...................

I may just put it up on the pole I have and see how it goes. Its not very high but it's a start. I will have to buy some cheap coax cable for now as well, that LMR400 is just to expensive at the moment. Maybe with a good Christmas bonus I will be able to swing something later.

I still have to get in a weeks vacation between now and the end of the year and I'm already scheduled off the first week in January and that's carry over from this years vacation time. I have never had a job with this much paid time off before. I don't know what to do with all of it. Nice problem to have a suppose. I can't complain anyway but even when I'm off I still have the dang company phone and it never stops ringing and letting me know I have an email. I'm never too far away from work.
    Last edited by FATKAT; 12-04-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey FATKAT check your PM inbox. Sent a PM your way. Read the PM before you proceed any further!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll understand once you read the PM. Good day and be in touch hopefully.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222FL View Post
    You'll understand once you read the PM. Good day and be in touch hopefully.
    PM replied

Wow, the skip rolled in here last night late. The thing I thought was strange is their was very little back ground noise. I had the RF Gain turned all the way up and the Squelch turned all the way down and you could actually sit in the same room with the radio! It was quite pleasant.

I still don't think I get SSB. Everybody talking over everybody else. I still did not reach out.

I forgot- Here's a pick of my puny setup

~
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FATKAT; 12-05-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey those 980's are great radios man. Own one myself. As far as conditions. Yea last night was awesome. I just said "hello radio" and had about 20 people coming back to me. Talked all up the east coast. 667 VA, Maryland, NY, and Canada were all booming in as well as west coast stuff. I made contact with S. America today. Brazil. 3OD002. Had a good talk on freq 27.570 USB. At any rate, today I talked to 620 west TX and a few others as well.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, so I just made my first contact on SSB with 133 State of Main. He said I sounded good from here in NW Georgia.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FATKAT For This Useful Post:

222FL (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could cut one larger diameter pieces into two foot pieces to slide over the joint of two smaller diameter pieces.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Roll Tide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjd420nova View Post
    You could cut one larger diameter pieces into two foot pieces to slide over the joint of two smaller diameter pieces.
    Yea, I'll come up with something. It may take me a little while.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None