preps

Thread: Newb here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now just think if you placed a good antenna like a Sirio 5000 performer and a Sirio PL145 mag mount or even a Breedlove hard mount on the roof. It will make a world of difference!!! Been there and done that!! The lil wil antenna is not a very good antenna, I have used one yes. And being only 3ft tall they don't talk or receive like an antenna that is closer to 7-9ft tall no way no how.
    With this said. Look into the Sirio line of antennas. The Sirio performer 5000 and/or a Sirio PL145 magnet mount or a Breedlove hard mount will do the job very well. I use this same type setup on my mobile and can talk out to about 30 miles back to a base with a stock uniden 980 on 8 watts SSB mode. Just need a proper antenna setup and have it placed correctly. Even your current antenna placed on a magnet mount or hard mount would be a way better option then even the Lil Wil antenna. JMHO's and experiences with using different antennas. Have a good one. And hope you get it all worked out.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Now just think if you placed a good antenna like a Sirio 5000 performer and a Sirio PL145 mag mount or even a Breedlove hard mount on the roof. It will make a world of difference!!! Been there and done that!! The lil wil antenna is not a very good antenna, I have used one yes. And being only 3ft tall they don't talk or receive like an antenna that is closer to 7-9ft tall no way no how.
    With this said. Look into the Sirio line of antennas. The Sirio performer 5000 and/or a Sirio PL145 magnet mount or a Breedlove hard mount will do the job very well. I use this same type setup on my mobile and can talk out to about 30 miles back to a base with a stock uniden 980 on 8 watts SSB mode. Just need a proper antenna setup and have it placed correctly. Even your current antenna placed on a magnet mount or hard mount would be a way better option then even the Lil Wil antenna. JMHO's and experiences with using different antennas. Have a good one. And hope you get it all worked out.
    Well I have a tall truck. So putting a 6ft antenna on the roof will make clearance an issue. Not that it really matters. Don't park in a garage. Only go through drive throughs every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitors found this page by searching for

None