preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it ok to spray paint a base antenna for stealth?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right on and thanks for more info. you guys are on it! I woulda' never have thought about metallic paint caveat. or the dual dipole arrangement. bad ass.

not much progress tonight. I must have bungled soldering the PL on the mobile tonight because the SWRs went deep into the red. what did I do. so I will desolder, pull it off and look see. maybe recut the end and try again with a new connector. got to pay my dues again I guess.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what's up with the guy from TN with the 8 element on the ground? does he use it like that or just an in progress construction pic.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was on the ground then it was most likely a pic before he put it up or while building. Some only run their beams about 10ft off the ground as that is as high as they can go. You work with what you got I suppose. But if it was "on the ground", they yes, i would venture to say it was being worked on. Just my guess.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha78 View Post
    what's up with the guy from TN with the 8 element on the ground? does he use it like that or just an in progress construction pic.
    Yeah, he was still in the progress of putting it together... I'm just wondering how many times he had to bring it back down to get it tuned...Took me 3 or 4 times going up and down to tune because once in the air, SWR changed from where I had mine tuned while just 5 or 6' off the ground.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

alpha78 (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Damn there go's the neighborhood! Where you been hiding Booty?
    still in the chesterfield area . THINGS ARE GOING GREAT ! had the gastric bypass last april and i'm down to 287 yesterday morning was 556 @ my highest and i was 474 last march . i still have the homebrewed vector but i haven't put it up in a while . been thinking about putting the old 148 and cowtown back on the mobile so i figured i'd scan the forums to see what's up .

is mike breedlove still selling puck mounts ? googled him but didn't find his site

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Yeah, he was still in the progress of putting it together... I'm just wondering how many times he had to bring it back down to get it tuned...Took me 3 or 4 times going up and down to tune because once in the air, SWR changed from where I had mine tuned while just 5 or 6' off the ground.
    did you try pointing the beam straight up to tune it ? i've never had or tuned a beam but i've read that's a good way to get pretty close , sometimes close enough .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    did you try pointing the beam straight up to tune it ? i've never had or tuned a beam but i've read that's a good way to get pretty close , sometimes close enough .
    Idea never crossed my mind... It was suppose to be pre-set from the factory, but was way off once I got it together, so it ended up taking some guess work to get it in the ball park while on the ground.

Jerry Breedlove is still selling mounts yes. He changed his web address to "breedlovemounts.com"
    https://breedlovemounts.com/

Glad to hear your still around, and congratulations on loosing the weight. I know that's tough to do, my daughter has a weight problem, and I suspect will eventually have to do the same thing you did.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's not for everybody , but i've had great results so far !
    thanks for the link , #127 looks like it will do nicely
    Last edited by BOOTY MONSTER; 02-02-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    still in the chesterfield area . THINGS ARE GOING GREAT ! had the gastric bypass last april and i'm down to 287 yesterday morning was 556 @ my highest and i was 474 last march . i still have the homebrewed vector but i haven't put it up in a while . been thinking about putting the old 148 and cowtown back on the mobile so i figured i'd scan the forums to see what's up .

is mike breedlove still selling puck mounts ? googled him but didn't find his site
    CONGRATS on the weight loss. Latter post some before and after photos.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None