preps

Thread: Need help with Turner wiring identification

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need help with Turner wiring identification

I have a Turner 454X microphone that I would like to wire up to a standard Cobra 4 pin configuration. I am having a hard time determining what the color code meanings are for the White, Red, and Black. The ground I think is obvious as the ground / shielding and it is wrapped around the white. Could someone enlighten me?
    Cobra:
    1 = Shield - Com
    2 = Audio
    3 = TX
    4 = RX

Turner:
    Braided = Shield - Com
    White = ? Audio Lead ?
    Red = ? TX ?
    Black = ? RX ?

Last edited by AtLarge; 08-10-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Edited to add what are my researched best guesses
    Uniden Bearcat 980, Cobra 29 LX, Cobra 18 WX ST II, GE 3-5812A, Realistic TRC-448, Uniden Pro 520XL, Fat Boy 2 PLL, Solarcon A-99

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It goes like this. White and shield are the microphone connection and the red and black are the keyswitch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mjd420nova For This Useful Post:

AtLarge (08-11-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjd420nova View Post
    It goes like this. White and shield are the microphone connection and the red and black are the keyswitch.
    Thanks for the reply. So, I have it backwards as red and black but, how do I know for sure which is TX and which is RX?

I did some digging around and the Turner wiring booklet says RED - receive switching and BLACK - transmit switching for electronic code (E) for switched from receive and transmit by means of vacuum tube or solid state circuitry. Matching it to a popular model like the 29 then shows:
    Pin 1 = Ground Shield
    Pin 2 = Audio White
    Pin 3 = TX Black
    Pin 4 = RX Red

Does all this sound kosher? I don't want to short anything out be inadvertently reversing something.
    Uniden Bearcat 980, Cobra 29 LX, Cobra 18 WX ST II, GE 3-5812A, Realistic TRC-448, Uniden Pro 520XL, Fat Boy 2 PLL, Solarcon A-99

Visitors found this page by searching for

None