preps

Thread: Hello

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

Hello my name is Sean and I am from Ireland,I purchased the cobra 19 ultra 3 CB radio from Walmart but because I am from Ireland I didn't know about am and fm but Ireland uses fm is there anything that can change CB from am to fm or what are my options

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you can't change that radio to fm. It's an AM only radio and doesn't have the extra parts needed to make it have FM mode as well. Best to buy a EU radio if that is where you are at. Look on EBay for sellers out of the U.K. and such. Most export radios will have FM mode. Just have to look around. As far as the radio you have now. It's a very basic AM radio. Not much to them. If you are visiting here in the states, where are you located?? There are a few shops around the country (USA), that will have radios with AM/FM and most likely SSB modes as well. Some may even have CW mode. But anyway. Check out Craigslist around the areas you are visiting or near. Or if you are asking about where to purchase a 10 meter export radio that will have FM mode, look up Doug's Custom CB shop, DTB Radio, Bells CB shop, and there are several others as well. These 3 will have radios with both AM/FM modes though. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And sorry, I forgot my manners.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. My name is Sean as well, and I'm part Irish!! So hello brother LOL!! I am located around Daytona Bch., FL.
    Again, glad to have you. And hope some of the info helps.
    73 and God Bless
    222 Daytona Bch., FL, saying 73 and God Bless.
    Sean.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222FL View Post
    And sorry, I forgot my manners.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. My name is Sean as well, and I'm part Irish!! So hello brother LOL!! I am located around Daytona Bch., FL.
    Again, glad to have you. And hope some of the info helps.
    73 and God Bless
    222 Daytona Bch., FL, saying 73 and God Bless.
    Sean.
    Thank you this helped but I taught you could get a kit or something that could change it to fm,must not be true but thanks anyway

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry. Only other thing I can think of is if you could take the board out of a cobra 19 DX EU model, which does have FM mode. I have never seen or even heard of a mod to make an only AM radio transmit on a totally separate mode with just a mod of some type. You would be better suited to just sell the radio you have now, or take it back to Walmart and get your money back and get a cobra 19 DX EU model radio that has FM mode, which by the way is Not legal in the US to use FM on 11m or any other band without a license. But you still can't transmit on FM mode on 11m with the proper license here in the USA. I could be wrong here, but like I said, I've never heard of anyone trying to or asking the same questions as you have. Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear Man! But radios aren't too expensive anymore!! Stay away from Walmart and look around on Amazon and such. You'll find the prices to be lower a lot of times. JMHO. And have a good one.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome seanw123 to the forum. Good to see cb'ers over your way. Good people here very helpful.

Waving a hand from Va
    Stickman

Visitors found this page by searching for

None