preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dx98vhp review thread

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dx98vhp review thread

I'd love to hear some personal experience on this radio.I'm seriously considering adding it to my semi. Anyone have it? If so good bad??

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to run one in my house as a base radio. I loved it! Hating the day I sold it. It was rock solid on SSB, worked great on fm, and of course the am performance was stellar. Super loud and clear. After I tuned it I was getting about 250 pep from a 40 watt deadkey. Modulation was off the scale. I wish I could afford to get my hands on one again. I'm moving this week and will be setting up a base station in the new location and I'd love to have one again
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just picked up a nice Galaxy DX 44V and it is a great radio! By far a big upgrade from the cobra 29. Now in just need to get my hands on a noise canceling mic. I'd hate to have to order stuff of the freaking internet
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Upgrade from a COBRA? No No No

Enjoy your 44v

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    Upgrade from a COBRA? No No No

Enjoy your 44v
    Its an upgrade in features and condition wise. My old 29 with weather and soundtracker did not have a working meter, it had bad audio, bad receive and it didn't have adjustable power. It was time for that old cobra to retire after continous use since 97. It was first in a logging truck, then an 86 Chevy, and then a s-10. It had a rough life, especially after its beginning in a log truck.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also my radio has the conversion so it is an 11 meter cb radio.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just yanking your chain Bro. I'm happy for ya. It just goes to show you what has been written about that 29. They can live for 30 years with no problems. They say the exports only last 15 before they need work. They sure do have some cool features that would cost an arm and leg to add. I am currently considering a Stryker SR 955 HP. This thing is awesome, but very expensive. I'm still doing a lot of research on it. The YL says go for it, so I got that going for me. Has Ha.

Anyway Caveman enjoy that radio of yours, and I hope to DX with you soon. Yesterday was killer. Skip out here was going all day. It's funny cuz the 10/11 meter propagation charts was saying the conditions were poor. Shows you that mother nature will fool you every time.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just yanking your chain Bro. I'm happy for ya. It just goes to show you what has been written about that 29. They can live for 30 years with no problems. They say the exports only last 15 before they need work. They sure do have some cool features that would cost an arm and leg to add. I am currently considering a Stryker SR 955 HP. This thing is awesome, but very expensive. I'm still doing a lot of research on it. The YL says go for it, so I got that going for me. Has Ha.

Anyway Caveman enjoy that radio of yours, and I hope to DX with you soon. Yesterday was killer. Skip out here was going all day. It's funny cuz the 10/11 meter propagation charts was saying the conditions were poor. Shows you that mother nature will fool you every time.

Lol ya 10-4 on big mama nature. She can fool even the smartest of people and technology. Go for it on that stryker man! Those are reeally cool radios! I'm thinking about getting my general ham ticket

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah you should go for it. The tech exam is pretty easy. You could use 10m with the tech license from 28.300- 28.500, the general ticket gives you the whole band. That Stryker 955 is luring me in. Dang it's a cool radio. It has a lot of bells and whistles that are kinda goofy, but the radio itself is a good performer. I'm thinking hard on it.

Have a good weekend. 73

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah you should go for it. The tech exam is pretty easy. You could use 10m with the tech license from 28.300- 28.500, the general ticket gives you the whole band. That Stryker 955 is luring me in. Dang it's a cool radio. It has a lot of bells and whistles that are kinda goofy, but the radio itself is a good performer. I'm thinking hard on it.

Have a good weekend. 73
    I've read they have good audio and good output. I'm going to send my radio in the have it tuned up. It acts kinda funny. Probably from sitting a long time. When I got It it was covered in dust.

Visitors found this page by searching for

dx98vhp