preps

Thread: Rci 2995

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rci 2995

Hello all I am thinking about getting me a RCI-2995 Base radio I want one that does all the frequencies like 27.660 etc I am using a Maco 5000 antenna with my existing Galaxy 959 radio, someone told me that I should get the RCI 2995 without the built in amplifier so that I can use my Cobra 250 XL amplifier with it OR should I buy it and get it with the amp built in I am not as up to the knowledge on radios as I am with other technology so I am throwing this question out there to you subject matter experts for help.

Thank You
    Living in Central Texas, my CB handle is Gearbox and my DX call sign is 222 Triple Duce.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't know what you're doing with radios then get the one with the built in amp.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is the RCI 2995 does not come with a 11 meter band from the factory you have to add it is this correct ?
    Living in Central Texas, my CB handle is Gearbox and my DX call sign is 222 Triple Duce.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they are modded for 11 meter use .... bot don't get one from copper !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

the caveman (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jhorak101 View Post
    Hello all I am thinking about getting me a RCI-2995 Base radio I want one that does all the frequencies like 27.660 etc I am using a Maco 5000 antenna with my existing Galaxy 959 radio, someone told me that I should get the RCI 2995 without the built in amplifier so that I can use my Cobra 250 XL amplifier with it OR should I buy it and get it with the amp built in I am not as up to the knowledge on radios as I am with other technology so I am throwing this question out there to you subject matter experts for help.

Thank You

You can have a tech install a switch in back of the RCI-2995DX to shut off the amp if want to? or use the built in amp as a driver, or low side without big box on. Or get the the RCI-2980WX which is the low power version of the RCI-2995DX, just make sure you get the newest version with Black Face light and green numbers because they have done alot of improvements on that one. There are still alot of the Green Face ones out there new but try to get the Black Face due to much better receive, power supply better, and much quieter with white noise practically none on the newer version.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1043-cobra-40x

cobra 40x

cobra 40x mods

cobra 40x cb informationcobra 40x cb radiocobra40x mods