preps

Thread: 6x2879 Build I want some feedback please if you don't mind!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb 6x2879 Build I want some feedback please if you don't mind!

6x2879 Build I want some feedback please!

Hello my fellow operators. This is Gatekeeper here and I have been playing around, learning, and building Transistor Type Amps for about 3 years or so now. I attempted to build a 6 Transistor Amp back when I first started but wasn't successful with it so I had to send it off to get it fixed and Chris at Destroyer had to pretty much do a complete Rebuild with it.

So I had a friend wanting a AB Biased 2x1446 Driver Built to drive the 6x2879 that he wanted me to build as well. He wanted the 6 Pill AB Biased as well, I tired to talk him out of it because of the space I had and this guy doesn't even talk SSB but I went ahead and did it. Then he changed his mind at the last moment lol.

Well anyway, I posted this New Topic because I wanted Experienced Amp Builders/Repairers, Experienced Operators, or just your normal Operator check out the Video that I did showing the performance of it and everything and just get some good honest, and I say again, "HONEST" feedback about the build.

Here is the link to the Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxm7fuKJwc

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback.

One last thing....my friend wanted me to use Custom 5/8 Core Input Transformers which I have used in a 1x2 already that was VERY successful. It is a 5/8 Core Transformer just like the Big Output Transformers, and it has only 2 Beads per Brass Tube. But I couldn't get the watts out of it. The Amp would only do like 300 Bird and that was it. But I used one of these Custom 5/8 Core Input Transformers on a 1x2 that I did and that 1x2 is impressive. 700-750w PEP. So this is why I was confused as of why I couldn't get them jokers to tune in and produce some whats. Maybe some of you have some input on that.

Thanks a bunch and God Bless,

1883 Gatekeeper from N.E. GA

Just in case the Link Didn't work up there for the Video you can GO TO: GATEKEEPERAMPS DOT COM and it will take you straight to my Youtube Channel and it's the Video with the Title of: "2x1446 Driving 6x2879 Gatekeeper Built Amplifiers In Action"

Also I went to Google and typed in 6x2879 and it was at the top.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're on the wrong forum for this kind of information

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry

But I thought this was a cb radio forum lol, cbjunkies. Sorry not trying to cause any problems. I posted, under the video section. This is a video I am wanting feedback on? Can you explain further.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1883gatekeeper For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (09-21-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1883gatekeeper View Post
    But I thought this was a cb radio forum lol, cbjunkies. Sorry not trying to cause any problems. I posted, under the video section. This is a video I am wanting feedback on? Can you explain further.
    Either he's implying there is no one here with that knowledge (which I know there's a few) or he's trying to say its not a highly used forum. I hear ya out there on the radio gatekeeper but I don't seem to make contact with you when I talk back
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1883gatekeeper View Post
    6x2879 Build I want some feedback please!

Hello my fellow operators. This is Gatekeeper here and I have been playing around, learning, and building Transistor Type Amps for about 3 years or so now. I attempted to build a 6 Transistor Amp back when I first started but wasn't successful with it so I had to send it off to get it fixed and Chris at Destroyer had to pretty much do a complete Rebuild with it.

So I had a friend wanting a AB Biased 2x1446 Driver Built to drive the 6x2879 that he wanted me to build as well. He wanted the 6 Pill AB Biased as well, I tired to talk him out of it because of the space I had and this guy doesn't even talk SSB but I went ahead and did it. Then he changed his mind at the last moment lol.

Well anyway, I posted this New Topic because I wanted Experienced Amp Builders/Repairers, Experienced Operators, or just your normal Operator check out the Video that I did showing the performance of it and everything and just get some good honest, and I say again, "HONEST" feedback about the build.

Here is the link to the Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxm7fuKJwc

Thanks in advance for all of your feedback.

One last thing....my friend wanted me to use Custom 5/8 Core Input Transformers which I have used in a 1x2 already that was VERY successful. It is a 5/8 Core Transformer just like the Big Output Transformers, and it has only 2 Beads per Brass Tube. But I couldn't get the watts out of it. The Amp would only do like 300 Bird and that was it. But I used one of these Custom 5/8 Core Input Transformers on a 1x2 that I did and that 1x2 is impressive. 700-750w PEP. So this is why I was confused as of why I couldn't get them jokers to tune in and produce some whats. Maybe some of you have some input on that.

Thanks a bunch and God Bless,

1883 Gatekeeper from N.E. GA

Just in case the Link Didn't work up there for the Video you can GO TO: GATEKEEPERAMPS DOT COM and it will take you straight to my Youtube Channel and it's the Video with the Title of: "2x1446 Driving 6x2879 Gatekeeper Built Amplifiers In Action"

Also I went to Google and typed in 6x2879 and it was at the top.
    I've seen a few of your videos before on the tube and have enjoyed them. Do you have a website that list your prices for your amps??
    Silverado 996 back in the woods and I'm gone!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *
    * Ranger 2970N2 * 5' FireStik FS-5 *
    * Uniden BearCat 12 watt spearker *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Visitors found this page by searching for

gatekepperamps.com