preps

Thread: Technical know how needed.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Technical know how needed.

Who amongst all you fine users has the know how to answer my question. I have very little electrical circuit knowledge. But I do know some stuff. SO HERE IT IS>>>>>> The GALAXY DX99v only has a 5 digit frequency counter. My biggest problem is when I am off on the open clarifier and get backlash from other operators getting my signal. Taking a page out of vhf/uhf mobile radios I want to only display the final hertz on the last led frequency counter display. Essentially I want to shift the numbers to the left by one, ultimately dropping the 2 in the first led display(because it will always be 2) . so when I play with the clarifier the last led display will show the hertz changing up or down. CAN IT BE DONE. I looked at http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx99v/ at the older version of the frequency counter board and schematics and don't quite understand how to get what I want. Could I change a component that would do that..... heres the schematics for the board http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galax...10014C_sch.gif.. . . HELP...... SEBAS 722 TORONTO> CANADA waving n 73.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SEBAS; 11-05-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a job for TALLMAN!
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If have done the modification from CBtricks to the clarifier un-do it. For ham SSB you don't want the receive and transmit to track together. If you select a frequency 28.380 MHZ for example when you call out CQ people will tune you in. When they answer back and you tune them in, you shifted the transmit on them. I had one guy give me a a little lesson on that in the form of a butt chewing. I had forgotten to click my clarifier button to free the receiver from the transmit frequency. But if you still want more resolution on your frequency meter add on a DOSY FC-50 S. That will give you six full digits of resolution.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tallman For This Useful Post:

the caveman (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    External freq. counter

Visitors found this page by searching for

frequency counter ept 210014c

galaxy 99v external frequency counter

5digit frequency counter circuit.

toronto radio schematics