preps

Thread: New radio

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

New radio

If I go out today and buy a brand-new radio how far will that radio go will it reach one-mile 2 miles 10 miles I would just like to know

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    depends on your setup. your antenna, SWR, and radio will all make a difference in range. what kind of radio and antenna are you planning on getting?
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply. This is what I have uniden 76xlw in. I know very little about it. I went out to our highway which is the 401 here in Ontario, Canada and asked for radio check and you only ones that could hear me was once I could see going by so I don't think I'm getting out very far my radio has swr meter built into it but what I'm wondering is, would a better antenna and Mike make a difference one of the big problems I have is there is no one in this area that works on CB once again thanks for their reply. I have to step out for a few minutes but will be back checking for answers

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mond48 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This is what I have uniden 76xlw in. I know very little about it. I went out to our highway which is the 401 here in Ontario, Canada and asked for radio check and you only ones that could hear me was once I could see going by so I don't think I'm getting out very far my radio has swr meter built into it but what I'm wondering is, would a better antenna and Mike make a difference one of the big problems I have is there is no one in this area that works on CB once again thanks for their reply. I have to step out for a few minutes but will be back checking for answers
    What kind of antenna are you using? You might consider a external meter. They can be a little more accurate. If you want a good mic look into something that fits your voice and the noise in your cab. If you have a loud voice and allot of noise get a noise canceling mic. If you have a quiet voice and low noise a power mic might work for you.
    Last edited by the caveman; 11-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Visitors found this page by searching for

None