preps

Thread: New antenna

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Yes sir, it sure is a heavy one, it's one of the original monkey made antennas right from the storage unit in Daytona beach, fl I bought mine right from monkey man himself, it was the large 3 wrap coil I believe it's called the big coil or something, it was a good antenna, tuned to 1.1 swr at 50ohms on an mfj analyzer. But like you said its heavy, my plate for it is made of 1/2" cutting board type material 10"X10" square, had it mounted on a 89 jeep Cherokee, about a foot off back end of the roof. I also was running a 1x2 foxy made from Lakeland, fl and a 54 Steele made 8 pill behind it. Did pretty good, had 2 deka unigy 150 amp hr batts. As well, all stock alternator on 12 volt system. That was in 2003. Been a while since I have played with anything big, I am a 2 pill mud duck now lol.
    Oh yeah those are large antennas for sure! I currently have a 4 foot Firstik FS. Its not bad but I want something that can shoot skip a little better. But I'm more of. Mud duck here. I'm running a 10 watt galaxy barefoot!
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

wilson 5000 antenna

stryker 5000 antenna

sirio performer 5000

predator 10k antenna

Wilson 5000 problems

predator 10k flimsy whip