preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant find anyone to tlk to in the evening

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry183 View Post
    O I know that the radio won't help much but I want a new one with more features on it too
    If your looking at a base radio...Get one with SSB...Easier to make contacts on SSB with less watts. I have been talking all over the Country on 38 LSB on my Cobra 2000 GTL barefoot when DX is rolling... Not many locals here tho get on SSB, most stick to AM at night.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

the caveman (11-20-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry183 View Post
    I was just wondering is adding talk back and roger beep to one is a good idea also? And what else can I do to help me with getting good range on it.
    roger beep comes in handy for helping whoever you contact know when your done talking especially when the signal is weak and talkback can help you make sure your speaking good and clear.
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you aren't hearing anyone talking then its because nobody in your area is talking. No amount of money spent on radios, mods, mics, etc will change that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon Gekko For This Useful Post:

Silverado 996 (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The hay day of CB are gone and stations are far and few. Just look in traffic for a car with an antenna. I am putting one of my radio's in my car for smokey reports on 19. I collect some nice CB's and I will only need a 23 channel one for the task.I use to have a few on lower side-band on channel 38; but they started bickering and tossed in the towel. I hear crazies on DX talking to themselves running Amp's.Radio shack stopped selling equipment in the store years ago. Myself and my wife ran a club with 75 members in the late 70's, there was a lot of clubs who got together for dances and coffee meets.Now people text while driving and wrap themselves around telephone poles.
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Visitors found this page by searching for

how to put talkback in cobra 2000 gtl