preps

Thread: Hello From Martinsburg, West-By-God Virginia!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello From Martinsburg, West-By-God Virginia!

Hello there all, my name is Bear, aka Joshua, and as the title states I am living in Martinsburg, WV. I am not from her however. I am originally from a town just south of Baltimore, Md called Severn. I am a truck driver for a company out of Providence Forge, Va hauling cement dust from here to Newport News, Va daily. I've been interested in and using cb radio for a number of years now, over 25 for sure, and really enjoy it. I've recently decided to try using amps on my rigs but admittedly don't know a whole lot about them. I am learning though! I take advise freely...hint, hint!!! Anyway, i hope to catch ya on the air or screen sometime! Later!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to CB Junkies. Do a search on the site for "amps" or linear amps. You should be able to pull up good reading material.

What's size amp are you going to run?? Will you use the amp on AM and SSB? I wouldn't get an amp smaller than a 2 pill. Just my 2 cents. I run a 2 pill amp and I'm able to shoot skip all over the US, Canada, Jamica and Hawaii on AM only. Get a good antenna, get those SwR's down as low as you can. Install a good amp with a remote switch and don't look back.

There's a lot of guys on here that can help you. Almost everyone in my friend list can do that.

Have fun
    Silverado 996 back in the woods and I'm gone!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *
    * Ranger 2970N2 * 5' FireStik FS-5 *
    * Uniden BearCat 12 watt spearker *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the forum bear!
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Visitors found this page by searching for

None