preps
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uniden bearcat 980

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll holler for ya sometime then. I'm in eastern Kentucky and sometimes I hop around skip land. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't.

I go by the handle Retro locally, but usually when I'm hollering out into skip land I refer to myself as "redneck radio" or "barefoot redneck radio".

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    that radio is SMT. dont even bother opening it up. Internet reviews all in agreement that this radio is not an audio and/or power monster.

Best bet, call a reputable shop and ask what can be done with it and match it up to a good
    power mic (Astatic 575-M6) and get an amp if you want power. If memory serves me, that radio has some weird ass mic jack. If thats true and if you arent radio savvy, better off having a tech mire the power mic to the radio.
    No weird mic plug standard uniden 6 pin comes with 4 pin adapter all the 980 Bearcats do...
    Keen to sort a good antenna , any comments on the siro 387? Ring number.. On eBay under $200 ?? They (seller) says its the right
    one for dx from oz ????

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out DNJ radios, they carry the sirio line of antennas. That way you can look at some different ones and see what will work well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (01-13-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Fogdog;8855]Sounds killer. Like to see some pictures sometime. How about those Holdens? Is that the correct name of those cars with the V8 and the truck box. I think there made by Ford. Whenever I see one of those in a movie located In Australia I wish I could get my hands on one.
    What do you guys think of those down there. Are they popular like the Ford F-150's are up here?

When you get your radio installed , let us know. I always get on 38 lsb and call out for all my Cb Junkie friends in hopes to make a contact with them. I'll add #351 from Australia to the list.

Are you talking about the v8 supercars ? Ford v holden till last year when Nissan and merc's joins in ??
    Or movies like MAD MAX had the gt falcons oz made 351 clevo in 1971 fastest production car in the word ?
    The black 2 door max drove was a 2 door v8 interceptor..
    Wicked movies all of them..
    Were they big in the usa ? I have never left Australia.. Cheers Darryl..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey 351. Were you on 38lsb the other day?? I spoke with someone down under and it may have been you sir. I am 222 from Daytona beach Florida. Just curious as I did make contact with someone there just didn't have my log book with me to write it down.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=tassie devil;8884]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    Sounds killer. Like to see some pictures sometime. How about those Holdens? Is that the correct name of those cars with the V8 and the truck box. I think there made by Ford. Whenever I see one of those in a movie located In Australia I wish I could get my hands on one.
    What do you guys think of those down there. Are they popular like the Ford F-150's are up here?

When you get your radio installed , let us know. I always get on 38 lsb and call out for all my Cb Junkie friends in hopes to make a contact with them. I'll add #351 from Australia to the list.

Are you talking about the v8 supercars ? Ford v holden till last year when Nissan and merc's joins in ??
    Or movies like MAD MAX had the gt falcons oz made 351 clevo in 1971 fastest production car in the word ?
    The black 2 door max drove was a 2 door v8 interceptor..
    Wicked movies all of them..
    Were they big in the usa ? I have never left Australia.. Cheers Darryl..
    Yeah I was thinking of the Ford v Holden's. Did you say Nissan and Mercury joined in? those cars are very cool in my opinion. I didn't think those gt falcons were even real. WOW! That is awesome.

None of those cars ever made it over here. Wish they would have.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Fogdog;8893]
    Quote Originally Posted by tassie devil View Post

Yeah I was thinking of the Ford v Holden's. Did you say Nissan and Mercury joined in? those cars are very cool in my opinion. I didn't think those gt falcons were even real. WOW! That is awesome.

None of those cars ever made it over here. Wish they would have.

That's just so cool that they are known that well.. A xy gt falcon can fetch over 100.000
    At one stage my shed and drive had 7 gt falcons parked up
    I will get some pix out and put them up 4 you.. Yes Nissan and Mercedes have started
    Up with v8 supercars no wins yet .. Big motersport fans this way .. Still have 1 gt left we keept the xa 4door gt falcon
    Its a rpo83 witch means it has phase 4 parts fitted to it by factory , the Phase 4 never got built as too many young
    Blokes getting wiped out in stock gt's.. My xa is yellow glow black inside 4 speed top loader 9" diff goes like stink !
    Worth big bucks but will never sell it as you could never get another EVER...
    Cheers great to hear our mussle cars are loved elswere in the world.. Pix for this are just a must. cheers, Darryl

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah well I'm a big Mad Max Fan. That Is sooooo Cool that you have those cars. I would love to see one In person. Maybe next time I'm In Tasmania I'll stop by. LOL!

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this looks like a much better version of the 980,, made by uniden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVilROrDZQY

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wi544 For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (01-18-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wi544 View Post
    this looks like a much better version of the 980,, made by uniden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVilROrDZQY

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS RADIO IS BETTER THAN 980 ? HE SAYS TOP STUFF !
    looks the part iv sent an email to find out where I can get my hands on one..
    what all is in it ? Can mods be done ? I do like that rig !
    THANKS FOR THE TIP...

Visitors found this page by searching for

president grant ii vs uniden bearcat 980

what mods can be done to uniden bearcat 980

bearcat 980 echo

adjust modulation bearcat 980

astatic 636l verses bearcat

adjust uniden president grant 2

uniden bearcat 980 with roger beep

galaxy 979 vs uniden 980

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1111-Uniden-bearcat-980