preps

Thread: Hammered on today?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hammered on today?

The wife and I rode into town today to go to the hardware store. I had my CB off, but the amp was on. When I pulled into the driveway of the store maybe 30 yds, my radio lit up and made this terrible screeching sound. The on off knob of the radio was off. I turned the radio on,and then tried to turn it off,but it would not turn off. This lasted all of about 20 seconds. Then it was over with. WTF Over?

The radio seems to be working ok now. The wife doesn't listen to me much about radio's , but she must listen some,cuz she said maybe someone with a more powerfull radio was next to you. Geez I said. That could be it. What do you guys think? Did I get stepped on hard or what. If I did it must of went through amp to my radio.

Anyway it wasn't good. Hope it didn't damage anything.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your radio picked up a very strong signal close by . i scared the crap outta my bro-in-law one day ... he was cleaning out his sleeper and had the striker off . i pulled into the yard and seen him in the cab with his back to me , i turned on the TS 500 and hollered "WHAT R U DOIN" and he about pooped himself . LMBFAO !!

was really surprised when he said he didn't even have his radio on .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

Fogdog (07-24-2013), Silverado 996 (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^^^ WOW, if that what it was it freaked me out. Early in the morning like that every contractor in town is at this place in there pick-ups, and the dope growers. I guess it could have been somebody there. I guess thats one dis-advantage of running a Predator 10k. Everybody sees it, and maybe today they decided to mess with me.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My little Cobra 148 base setup only does 8 watts (Or whatever they do out of the factory) and when I key down my stereo speakers pop and I can hear myself a little bit if the stereo is turned on. Imagine what somebody doing just 100 watts could do if they were really close to you, :P

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me share this happening. Traveling through a pass in the mountains a cb-er was using his radio as an amp to preach a sermon. Others around my car kept keying their radio and giving the preacher trouble. It all went down so quick there was great laughter as the discussion continued for miles away. There was the time I was driving a 55 passenger pvt. coach and heard the local McDonald's order window then I ordered 55 hamburgers and I would arrive in 5 minutes. The manager was not happy for awhile but he made profit

Visitors found this page by searching for

None