preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best antenna for 20 foot of pipe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are more than welcome here sir .. Stay away from fiberglass if you can ..Good Luck .....
    Grumpy OLD man .... 710 IOWA

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    You should stay on Mauldroppings=JUSTSAYIN
    "Just saying?"

What I said was accurate for what he's wanting to do...Since he also said he's not new to the hobby, and has had towers in the past, then he should know that trying to stick a antenna on top of a couple of 10' poles (which I assume are probably top-rails for a chain link fence) is not going to stand up to high winds without having guy wires attached...Last I checked, top-rails don't have anyway of attaching guy wires, unless you add some kind of brackets...

Just going by the vague description of what he's wanting to do, I wouldn't suggest sticking anything larger than a coat hanger on that pole, simply because the first good wind gust would probably bring it down crashing threw the roof.

I know people do it, and maybe get by without then crashing down, but I would not ever suggest going that route, specially not knowing more about how he's planning on securing the poles...

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-18-2014), Gordon Gekko (01-31-2014), stang (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do people who cant hack it on Mauldroppers come on this site and insult it? If you have a beef with MD take it up over there...if you can stand it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Gekko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    Why do people who cant hack it on Mauldroppers come on this site and insult it? If you have a beef with MD take it up over there...if you can stand it.
    1st I didn't say i couldn't hack MD , don't put words in my mouth ... DUMMIE!!!!!!!!!!

2nd I thought JJ was rude to the old man ....

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boozer For This Useful Post:

stang (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1st, no you can't hack MD. Your badass burn of "Dummie" proves that. Further, the word is spelled "DummY". Next time you use it, spell it correctly so you don't end up looking like the DummY.

2nd JJD forgot more about antennas than most people even know. He is a nice guy who is free with his knowledge, in this case he was being a little cheeky with the fellow. Read his sunsequent posts and you will clearly see he is helping the guy.

3rd Have a wonderful day.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Gekko For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (02-01-2014), BOOTY MONSTER (02-02-2014), stang (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    1st, no you can't hack MD. Your badass burn of "Dummie" proves that. Further, the word is spelled "DummY". Next time you use it, spell it correctly so you don't end up looking like the DummY.

2nd JJD forgot more about antennas than most people even know. He is a nice guy who is free with his knowledge, in this case he was being a little cheeky with the fellow. Read his sunsequent posts and you will clearly see he is helping the guy.

3rd Have a wonderful day.
    I like dummy with and e ,,, DUMMIE.... U JJ,s BOYGUARD ???? BAHHAAA

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think i did not give much info on what i am doing. I am just wanting to talk to some of my old cb guys and most live 40 to 50 miles.I will when the ground thaw's have 21' of pipe and have it braced at about 12"high.thanks fly442

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fly442 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am fairly new to the hobby, but I would recomend that you put a 4x6 treated 10' wooden post at least 3' in the ground with a couple of bags of concrete. Then have a local welding shop make you a bracket 18"-2' tall with holes in the back so you can bolt it to the post. Also have them put 2 holes in the side across from each other. Make sure the sides of the bracket extend out past the pipe you are using for the mast. Have the welder blow 2 holes in the bottom of the pipe even with the holes in the bracket. After the concrete sets, lag bolt the bracket to the post. Put the pipe in the bracket and put a piece of all-thread through both sides of the pipe and bracket with washers and nuts. Use a 2 hole type conduit strap to hold the pipe at the top of the wood post. That way should you ever have to lower the antenna for any reason [repair/replace or swr adjustment] it will be much easier and you might can do it alone. I guess what Im trying to say is make a hinge plate for the mast. Wichever antenna you use you will find that raising and lowering it will be a snap like this and your antenna will thank you not to mention your back. I wish you all the best. 73s halfwatt

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to halfwatt959 For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (02-22-2014), stang (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They need more info on your use of it Local? DX? Hilly or flat terrain ? ... lots of good people hear that will help you.... given me a ton of help in a short time... I don't think they mean leave.... 222 is a good man he is trying to help you..... 351.. Down under...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to solarradio351 For This Useful Post:

stang (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I HAVE TWO 20FOOT LENGTHS OF BOX CHANNEL WITH A SHOCK WAVE 5/8 ON TOP ! will be taking pix today (I hope) for my grant down under thread , have a look it might help or give you some idea's that will work for you.. cheers... 351

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to solarradio351 For This Useful Post:

stang (03-19-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

maco v- quad antenna pricing

maco v quad antenna reviews

maco v quad clubs

cb antennas made from copper pipe

serio827