preps
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best antenna for 20 foot of pipe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fly442 View Post
    sorry i have had 2 strokes and could not even talk but now i am doing better. I used be into cb but i sold every think i had.I had 60' of tower and a moonracker4 with a cobra 2000 and a old 12 tubeer.Right now i only have a rci2970 and I do not have a lot of cash.I live 29 miles froum coppers and they have a99 and i-max and i looked at the m-400 also ther was a guy on cb junkies on utube that used a 102 whip and some copper wire.If you guy"s want me to get off cb junkies yes tell me
    stay away from the a99/ imax they bleed over tvs. being on a budget id get the m400 from coppers
    but youll need another 10 foot section of mast to mount antenna cause coax runs thru its mounting pipe
    base-AR3500 ,palamar 250,d104 w/ 10da head ,sirio 2016,ll400 coax
    mobile-s.s. 3900, sirio z180 , astatic 636S.E

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    Antron will bleed all over the place and the Imax follows suit.
    Antennas DO NOT cause splatter. The crappy radio gear that has been modified by a non-professional tech causes splatter. Splatter is usually caused by over modulation. The antennas simply radiate what ever is in the bandwidth of the design. Garbage in, garbage out.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tallman For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (05-18-2014), Gerowen (05-26-2014), stang (05-18-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clean in equals clean out!!! I use an Antron 99 with a magnum 257hp and have. Zero bleed over issues in my house or any of the neighbors, proper grounding and good coax and a clean radio will work just fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

Gerowen (05-26-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't have alot of money, then I'm sure a beam set up is out of hte question. With only a 20' pipe, I would think an antenna that can get you up as high as you can go would be in order. I run a Serio 827 that is 21 feet long (6.7meters). It sits on a teliscoping pole set up I made out of an old patio pole set in cement. I used 2 smaller poles inside the patio pole. The patio pole is 7' high. Inside that is another slightly smaller thick gauge pipe about 12' long extended 9' above the base pipe. Last is a 8' fence post slid 3 feet inside the center section. I've got it shimmed, but it can wobble just a tad in the local winds. I figure the base of the antenna is mounted on 21' of pipe. If my tape measure isn't lying to me, the tip of the antenna is 42' in the air.

I wish I had an old flag pole to mount to. That would be nice to have some old summer camp flag pole set in cement.

Anywho, hope that gives you an idea

Visitors found this page by searching for

maco v- quad antenna pricing

maco v quad antenna reviews

maco v quad clubs

cb antennas made from copper pipe

serio827