preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: President grant2 details to buy one !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just also found out that the Lincoln and Grant are totally different radio's. The Lincoln isn't a true President Radio is like the CRE-8900 from France. Scared to buy buy the V-3 Lincoln then there will be a V-4 next week? Seems as if Grant 2 did it right the first time and is a true President Radio.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Linc II ver3 and it seems to do just fine. Will do a long term review in Jan 15 after I get more acquainted with it during the holidays. It would be nice to try a Grant II as well. At this point why not throw in a Jax II for kicks and giggles?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipless View Post
    I have a Linc II ver3 and it seems to do just fine. Will do a long term review in Jan 15 after I get more acquainted with it during the holidays. It would be nice to try a Grant II as well. At this point why not throw in a Jax II for kicks and giggles?
    The Lincoln Version 3 is a great radio especially being dual final puts out a lot better on power and can run by itself. One bad point is the receive on it doesn't come close to the Grant 2 radio. The Lincoln 2 V-3 is really a CRE-8900 under disguise, it is not a real President Radio being made in France, President just bought the rights and put there name on it. Not to say a bad radio at all, especially if like the idea of running just the radio by itself with no amp, an amazing radio. I think the Grant 2 is amazing but needs at least a 1x2 amp put behind it and it gets out great. It is true President Radio as far as design and assembly. Very weak would not advise at all to use the grant 2, barefoot with no amp, no-one will hear you. Put that little 1x2 at least behind it and talking skip all over the country as well as blowing the doors off my locals from car. The receive is the best from the car, just as good if not better than the old Uniden Grant XL's receive.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=NY714;11344]The Lincoln Version 3 is a great radio especially being dual final puts out a lot better on power and can run by itself. One bad point is the receive on it doesn't come close to the Grant 2 radio. The Lincoln 2 V-3 is really a CRE-8900 under disguise, it is not a real President Radio being made in France, President just bought the rights and put there name on it. Not to say a bad radio at all, especially if like the idea of running just the radio by itself with no amp, an amazing radio. I think the Grant 2 is amazing but needs at least a 1x2 amp put behind it and it gets out great. It is true President Radio as far as design and assembly. Very weak would not advise at all to use the grant 2, barefoot with no amp, no-one will hear you. Put that little 1x2 at least behind it and talking skip all over the country as well as blowing the doors off my locals from car. The receive is the best from the car, just as good if not better than the old Uniden Grant XL's receive.

PS - Was going to sell my Grant 2 till I did a test in mobile with a 1x2 and was totally amazed how easy skip was besides locals telling me sounded loud as can be. Must drop dead key to 2 watts. I also increased some of the internal caps, but not much has to be done, align and slight tune and peak, that is why amp must have a driver pill to sound right. At first used just a straight 2 pill and worked terrible not enough drive from the radio.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen the Grant II in person, but I do have the Lincoln II v.3 and can say that it is an awesome radio.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

President grant2 details to buy one !

Holy jeez I just realized how old this thread is. This forum is dead.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jadocs View Post
    Holy jeez I just realized how old this thread is. This forum is dead.
    no shit....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a pity because it looks like there were some good discussions at one time.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jadocs View Post
    It's a pity because it looks like there were some good discussions at one time.
    Yep. not sure what happened here...Been dead now for a while tho.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

jadocs (05-13-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes forum has been dead as heck!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

buy president grant cb

rci 2950 radio or president lincoln 11 which radio better

schematic president Grant2

how to buy a president grant 2 radio in the usa

uniden president grant ii

president grant 2 radio