preps
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm messing up big time...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm messing up big time...LOL

So I went and ordered some "kits" for my radio. I know. I know. I shouldn't mess with it... BUT. If it'll help a little and doesn't sound like crap why not ya know. I'm doing the 520 Mosfet mod and the receive-preamp mod. That's it. AND For the guy that's about to tell me don't do it. Or I'm crazy for messing up my radio. It's too late. READ MY SIGNATURE! Ha Ha. If it messes it up I can reverse it. No harm no foul. So those of you who believe in low level hacking up of radios. Wish me luck...
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well....depends. If you mess-up, you could burn something else up that could cost more to fix than the radios worth or at least having you scratching your head for weeks trying to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Well....depends. If you mess-up, you could burn something else up that could cost more to fix than the radios worth or at least having you scratching your head for weeks trying to figure out what went wrong.
    You're right Jesse... I found out today that the pot, trimmer, variable resistor whatever you wanna call it that the guy broke that I replaced. Worked. I asked if I was getting out loud and clear to one of the coal truck drivers and he said "sounds like your in the cab with me" He was about a mile away. So I'm happy I could fix that. But I think I'll be ok from what I've seen from these kits is they come with great instructions. And there are only 2-3 parts in each. But I will be checking and rechecking what goes where and then checking again if it's right. It kind of takes me back to when I worked on VCR's...lol
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also thinking about adding a swing kit. Not completely sold on that one just yet.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-I-N-Y34 For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (06-04-2018), JesseJamesDallas (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yea , do a super wack pack and you'll be 10-8 and just ah gettin' it !
    NOT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tiny what pre-amp mod did you buy? post the link to it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    tiny what pre-amp mod did you buy? post the link to it.
    I really got it for the receive upgrade but the kit has both. But I'm probably not going to use the preamp.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RMRXS29-Cob...72.m2749.l2649

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    yea , do a super wack pack and you'll be 10-8 and just ah gettin' it !
    NOT
    I know you don't like mods on radios but... It's keeping me busy. I'm disabled I do nothing but sit here most days. So if I wanna do some stuff that may or may not work.. I can. If I can get a little bit of a bump in output. Good. If not at least I tried...The radio was free. If it melts to the ground and never works again.Fine. But I had fun.. It was worth it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the trans and diodes will help the noise ratio but really needs to be aligned after you install the parts for full results. you should be alright with that mod. some sell a pre-amp mod that will just raise the noise level up. if you have a 2 noise level on the one preamp to raise the input gives you a terrible hissing noise, raises it to about a 6 noise level. stay away from that one preamp

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    the trans and diodes will help the noise ratio but really needs to be aligned after you install the parts for full results. you should be alright with that mod. some sell a pre-amp mod that will just raise the noise level up. if you have a 2 noise level on the one preamp to raise the input gives you a terrible hissing noise, raises it to about a 6 noise level. stay away from that one preamp
    So just put in the diodes but stay away from the preamp part? And yeah I will send it off to have it lined up when I'm done.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cobra 29 fat recieve mod