preps
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: The grant 2 down under (1st one out of europe)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Packed up for now 222... Cheers for the best wishes but its only 60ks away hoping to have done tomorrow ( the move) and fire going tomorrow night... the radio thing ( try'n to set up a good station ) has just been a big stress and one downer after another... getting a bit tired of being let down.. thanks again 222
    Give me a call on 38 LSB 27:385 one day... :-) How many pill's is too many ?

Solar Radio 351.... Tasmania, Australia.

.....Smile and enjoy life ...

" Most Southern Station in this Nation"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's always darkest just before dawn. Things will get better somehow someway. Keep your chin up and enjoy the good life you have made there. I know what a bitch it can be. I am having a fight right now with stumps and roots I paid $2000 to have gotten up. The sob covered them up now I have broken my plow twice and tractor once and just barely started on this field where our crops are supposed to go this year. I may have two more weeks I can plant before I loose my chance for crops this year. It's been such a bitch of a year with weather and such or this would have been done already. Now work is keeping me to busy to have much of a chance but I'll keep plugging away until times up and after. That way things will be ready next year anyway.

Good Luck
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said stang. 351 like I said before, I know you can get the base setup proper, no doubts about that mate. Just trying to help ease the pain of Having to waiting longer for an antenna to dx with, an 11m dipole put up 30-40ft between 2 trees or hung as an inverted v, will work great for dx'ing and I promise can be made with minimal scrap parts. A piece of wire #12awg, 18-20ft total, 2 insulators of your choice. I used sone leftover flex conduit non metallic fittings for insulators and a scrap so-239 connector I stole from a pos watt meter that didn't work, think most of us have 1 or 2 of those lol. Anyway like I said before, you can and will get it right, sometimes there can be hiccups, it's part of the hobby. Just be careful where you buy from, and heck u bet you could build a heck of an antenna with some space and some copper tubing. There are other options is all I'm saying. Don't give up this far into it mate. Been hearing a bit of Aussie late at night, heard some tonight. Maybe the day will come again when we can speak to each other. I truly would like to do that again!!! It's possible, conditions just have to be right and I have to be there to catch it. One day, one day my friend. God bless and I hope all goes or is or went well with the move. Cheers mate.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_20140511_123112.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.68 MB

The new antenna mast... 40 foot pole putting center pole down the guts of it 12 foot out the top for a beam and vertical 5/8 on top.. the quad will have its own pole....

Name:  IMG_20140511_123137.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.59 MB

No more guy wire's.... so we are still ploding along.... 351 ;-)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet, just make sure to put an adequate concrete pad and use the proper bolts that won't rust, galvanized. Looks like you could use a 1" red head concrete lag for the base, maybe larger. The larger the better and don't Forget to double nut the base. Sorry you probably already know all this, been doing tower and ground audits lately so have seen the right way to do things on large towers. Anyway looks good, now get that antenna up lol. Patience mate, it's coming along. Take your time and do it right and it will last a very long time. Looks beastly that's for sure, what's the plan on getting it up??

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

The grant 2 down under (1st one out of europe)

Or will you do sections at Time?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All at once .. with the tractor

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That works!!! Have seen many big ones go up with a truck lol.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be careful a and take your time mate.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone figure out how to open the clarifier on the New Grant 2 President Radio???
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None