preps
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: The grant 2 down under (1st one out of europe)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now we are both waiting for stuff to show up I bought that amp. Wonder which will get here first?
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (04-25-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That will do the trick bro, you will be loud and proud on 38 new antenna ! Now the in line help...
    Give me a call on 38 LSB 27:385 one day... :-) How many pill's is too many ?

Solar Radio 351.... Tasmania, Australia.

.....Smile and enjoy life ...

" Most Southern Station in this Nation"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so. Kinda feels like I am doing things in reverse. First got a good antenna and coax, now the box wonder if I'll ever decide which radio to get and when I'll get it. LOL
    STANG
    .............​ 406

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (04-27-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good on you Stang , You will be talking to the world soon... ... if you did not spend on helping total strangers ( like me ) you would have had the box on its way at least a day quicker... ! ;-)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Naw I wanted to make sure I could afford to buy it before I did. Helping you out was my pleasure. Besides what I did for you was only 1/2 as much as the amp.

Have a good weekend
    Larry
    STANG
    .............​ 406

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Larry give 351 your postal address on the quiet & we can send a small present to your daughter. Something like a toy kangaroo Kind regards George 3 ECHO 1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 echo 1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea back to a normal postal week ! All those holidays just mean stang and I are waiting longer ! So get bact to work USPS and oz post !

Those vintage meters will be hear soon, and the other things I've been lucky enough to get.. let's hope something go's to plan ! Maybe even my quad ha ha ha ha yes I'm a funny guy hey..... ;-)
    Your a big softie 3echo1.... lol ... 2 stuffed Tassie devils I can get from wife's work ! Too easy.. ;-) 351...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to solarradio351 For This Useful Post:

stang (04-27-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    George
    Not necessary and I know post from OZ to US is costly. But it is a nice thought and kind gesture. Thanks!

351 let me know when the mic gets there then we can get together on the other items you're interested in.
    STANG
    .............​ 406

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had a bad day today.. no quad still so I sent a SMS he says two more weeks.. They can't be that dam good that it takes 6 weeks ! A week before Easter he was just waiting on parts to finish it... just a b/s artist .. Never again ! Seen the last of my cash or referrals...
    I am packing for the move to the new QTH and won't have time for the radio anyway.. I'm not looking forward to the stress of setting up again.. dam hard to get an antenna 40 feet up by yourself, just ask stang ! will just put up what i had before for local chit chat..
    The antenna man ( jerk ) has really been the icing on the cake.. getting stood on by the 2 element v quad he made in 2 weeks if the final straw, I think tomorrow I will tell him what he can do with his quad, shame he is not in Tassie I would go and help him fit it in there...

I Hate time wasters that don't do there job !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Build yourself a dipole for 11 meters, this is simple, really it is, 2 wires, a couple insulators (I used PVC conduit fittings that I had laying around, some #12awg, and so-239 connector), and a so239 connector, got that from an old swr meter that was a POS. Put that up 30-40 ft either horizontal or inverted v, and you can talk some dx without breaking the bank! They work and also can be bought pre made for under 30 dollars with a matching Balun to boot. I just used wire, insulators and a so-239 connector, made an air choke with excess coax about 8-10ft from connection to the dipole and it worked wonderfully, talked across the pond and well into Germany and France as well, and of course the UK. Point is, you don't have to spend a bunch of coin and have to worry about much with a dipole and they will handle a bit of power as well. I wouldn't put more than 500-1000 watts through a good one, but the one I made could have handle a few hundred watts no problem. And it worked like this, above ground between 2 trees or whatever you can find to hang them off of, either end that is, higher is better. Mine was about 30ft at its tallest and I talked pretty far with it like that using the uniden pc122xl, stock no amp. Made several Europe contacts and some others as well. Have a look at them if you have a chance or pm me and I will help if you want to make one. Don't let BS get you down. This hobby is full of a lot of BS, sometimes you have to put the wading boots on and get through!! Keep your head up mate and hope the move goes well. God bless and 73's.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

stang (05-05-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None