preps

Thread: Going backwards

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Going backwards

I have an old royce 1-620 base keys 4 drops to 3 when you talk. Have used up my small store of knowledge. Any ideas will be apreciated. Most would say a 23ch aint worth fixing but I'm trying to restore it just because I like old junk. Thanks for any tips on where to look. I know its not over modulating, never been tuned. So I'm at a loss as to what to check next.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halfwatt959 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a 23 channel do that to. It was one of the old cheap 23's (kinda like how the cobra 19's are today)
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing has me baffeled. But I think it may be in the internal pwr supply. I had it keyed down for about 30 sec. and it shut off. When you let off the key it makes a buzzing sound for a couple of sec. It sounds like a rogder fart but comes thru the speaker and is not transmited. Doesn't have talkback, but some locals tell me they cant hear it. Go figure. I think something in the pwr. is getting hot or weak. maybe caps or voltage reg. No breakers but turn the switch off and wait 2-3 min. it comes back on when you turn the knob.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halfwatt959 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Found it a burnt 1ohm resistor in the demodulation stage. Solved the cutting off problem. The buzz is still there, but swinging to 9 now. So I think I better leave well enough alone for now. At least untill I gain more knowldge about what could cause that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halfwatt959 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    many of those old classics won't do the power that radios today will do . try dropping your deadkey down to 1 1/2 to 2 watts and let it swing to 7-8ish . if you want more power put a texas star 667 behind it .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

Silverado 996 (02-21-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This one I'm just restoring to put in my museum. Maybe one day my grandkids will be able to see how cb has developed over the years. The improvements like more chanels, more power, better sound quality on tx and recive and the drawbacks like surface mount technology which I personaly hate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halfwatt959 For This Useful Post:

stang (03-23-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None