preps

Thread: Hi Y'all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try moving your antenna toward the rear of the Cherokee, may help some. It will make it more directional, but may help with the swr readings. I know when I had my 89 Cherokee setup, my antenna was about 12-18" from the rear of the truck. I used a good quick disconnect brass mount and a old school single coil monkey made, swr was 1.1 at 50ohms on a analyzer. Was a talking machine. Anyway just some food for thought, it may help, it may not, but it won't hurt to try. God bless.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

stang (03-16-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Try moving your antenna toward the rear of the Cherokee, may help some. It will make it more directional, but may help with the swr readings. I know when I had my 89 Cherokee setup, my antenna was about 12-18" from the rear of the truck. I used a good quick disconnect brass mount and a old school single coil monkey made, swr was 1.1 at 50ohms on a analyzer. Was a talking machine. Anyway just some food for thought, it may help, it may not, but it won't hurt to try. God bless.
    Sure won't hurt to try. I've got an 89 too 6" lift & 33's it's gotten a little long in the tooth with 240,000 miles.

Stang

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

None