preps

Thread: Cobra 29wxnwst I know I shouldn't

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any idea what to expect. Gut feeling is better than 15 watts. Which is about 5 times the 3+- it's doing now.

Does that seem unlikely?

Stang

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    I don't have any idea what to expect. Gut feeling is better than 15 watts. Which is about 5 times the 3+- it's doing now.

Does that seem unlikely?

Stang
    Cobra 29's never came with a 1969 from the factory. They come with a 2078. If you throw a 520 in there you might see 15w out of it, provided you do the installation correctly and you also do a host of other things to it. However going from 5w to 15w isnt going to change things on the receiving end. If you're so concerned about getting out the first thing you need is a proper base antenna, installed & grounded properly. Consider looking into the Penetrator, Maco v58, or Sirio GainMaster. The higher up the antenna is...the better it will TX & RX.

After the antenna situation is rectified, if you're still not getting out like you'd want to, look into an amp. We'll discuss that issue when the time comes. Meanwhile, quit screwing around with dumb shit like the MOSFET and focus on whats really important--the antenna.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Gekko For This Useful Post:

stang (03-18-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now the 29 is in my jeep getting some limited use. I like modding things. Bad and costly habit but I enjoy it, always have and always will. I am working on making my mind up which antenna by Monday Tuesday at the latest. The gainmaster is on the short list if I decide to go that route it'll be another week before I can order it. $$$ talk bs walks. I can only do so much at a time. For the receiving end I ordered that upgrade also. Weather I'll have a box of junk or a radio when I get done only time will tell. Reminds me of when I built a 79 camaro into a 10 second ride mom came by and asked if it would ever be a car again.? I had the subframe and all out. Yes it ran many times after best time ever was 8.73 @177 MPH on a 180 NOS shot and 10.20 ANYTIME on motor. Building it was a lot of fun and driving it was even more.

Have a nice night

Stang

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

None