preps

Thread: GainMaster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you don't have to stay 100ft or less. The loss on lmr400 is like 1db over 100ft I want to say, not enough that anyone including you will ever notice. And yes get the times microwave lmr400. Get the UF make (UF=ultra flex) as it is easier to work with. Run it once and be done. This same coax is still in use on most E911 systems in almost every cell site around. It is top notch quality coax and will last a very long time. It is made to handle the elements and weather alike. All of this is JMO, but if you want do some research and I promise you will find that this coax pops to the top of the list for any install. Mobile or base. Like I said, I use the lmr240 that's made by them for my mobile coax and the lmr400 for my jumpers. Overkill, maybe, but I have been told too many times that my mobile sounds like a rolling base station. Like I said before, don't skimp out on anything antenna system related, that goes for connectors, coax, and antenna. Amphenol makes good pl259 connectors that will go onto the lmr 400 nicely. If you want to step it up google Andrew and have a look at their connectors. But for the power you are running, pl259's should work fine. Like I said, get good ones, not the truck stop brand. Take your time making all connections and you will be a happy camper.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

NY714 (04-06-2014), stang (04-05-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None