preps

Thread: 10 meter radiios

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

10 meter radiios

10 meter radiios with cb frequencies. I've been seeing some things on it. Seems like that nay be the way to go. Looking for some feed back. I'm running a cobra 29 now. But to get the kind of power the stryker has. I was wondering. Wouldn't it just be better to buy10 meter. Then have cb added?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    10 meter radiios with cb frequencies. I've been seeing some things on it. Seems like that nay be the way to go. Looking for some feed back. I'm running a cobra 29 now. But to get the kind of power the stryker has. I was wondering. Wouldn't it just be better to buy10 meter. Then have cb added?
    Yes most 10/12 Meter radio's are dual finals and the radio alone are capable of 20-30 watts as opposed to the Cobr's which are single final radio's and usually capable 10-15 watts out of radio. A simple way to tell a single final vs a dual final is look at back of radio for the metal fins for cooling. The dual finals almost always have the metal fins as the single final Cobra's usually don't have the fins on back. There are some Cobra's that are high powered like the Cobra 200 with fins on back and built in amp, but don't believe those radio's are in production anymore. IMHO, they best way to get power is to use a dual final with an amp behind it with jumper cable. Keep in mind should match the amp to the radio output as to not blow up amp. If you put to much into the amp it can blow up, because usually let the amp do all the work and just put out of radio what you need to drive the amp. IMO.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

stang (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One option is to buy a radio like the Galaxy DX959 and add the RFX-150 to it. Be sure you get the fan kit with too. Or if you want AM only just add the RFX150 to your cobra. They work really good. I have one and I have been running it daily and make contact all the time.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tallman For This Useful Post:

stang (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tallman View Post
    One option is to buy a radio like the Galaxy DX959 and add the RFX-150 to it. Be sure you get the fan kit with too. Or if you want AM only just add the RFX150 to your cobra. They work really good. I have one and I have been running it daily and make contact all the time.
    They work good, but really prefer the amp to be separate from radio and use jumpers. This is so the heat of amp keeps away from radio, and usually can get much more power with amp separate from radio. But all depends on your personal needs, like if taking in and out of vehicle on a daily basis then the RFX150 would be alot easier than having two separate pieces of equipment with jumpers to connect???
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had my HR2510 for many years. I bought it with all the channels and unlocked clarifier as my friends knew to go to 17 lower sideband between channels. At the time CB was being ruined by musical carriers and assorted idiots.
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ducksoupe View Post
    I have had my HR2510 for many years. I bought it with all the channels and unlocked clarifier as my friends knew to go to 17 lower sideband between channels. At the time CB was being ruined by musical carriers and assorted idiots.
    Amazing radio !!!! But hard to find in good shape working for a decent price. But love those radio's.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All good stuff. Thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am having a complete overhaul on my HR2510. Even just on my shelf it would gain value.
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Visitors found this page by searching for

None