preps

Thread: Linears and SSB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it doesn't have more than 1 switch then it probably doesn't work on ssb, normally a 2nd switch is added for ssb delay. Don't know if that helps, but I am pretty sure that ssb delay is an add on for most amps like that. More work involved. When you key up is there a delay? That's another way to tell if the amp has an ssb delay listen to it when you key up it should click or I should say you can hear the relay kicking in for ssb delay

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    If it doesn't have more than 1 switch then it probably doesn't work on ssb, normally a 2nd switch is added for ssb delay. Don't know if that helps, but I am pretty sure that ssb delay is an add on for most amps like that. More work involved. When you key up is there a delay? That's another way to tell if the amp has an ssb delay listen to it when you key up it should click or I should say you can hear the relay kicking in for ssb delay
    There's two switches, un-labeled. One turns the unit on, the other introduces a delay in the relays kicking out when you let off the key. I figured the side with the delay is for SSB. Also if you put it in the other position and talk on SSB the relays kick in and out constantly, pop pop pop pop.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None