Thread: howdy!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is only one

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK got a spring today and the whip is a little shy of 109" still researching for a spot to mount the antenna. About to order a swr meter now

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good deal, getting it together. Let us know if we can be of any help with the mounting. You may want to pre fab a mount if possible from some steel or something similar, you want the base of the antenna to at least be level or above the roof line to let the antenna have some metal under it. Also, don't use regular wire to ground the mount to the frame. You want ground straps (bonding straps), they are a flat piece of ground cable. These work the best for actually bonding the antenna to the frame. Should be able to find them at any exhaust shop or some auto parts stores.
    Here is a photo of one.

These are the proper ones. Don't have to be made by this company, but of this type is what you want. Check eBay as well. Like I said, set your antenna system up correctly and it will return the favor!! Also Breedlove makes great mounts for all applications, some are more expensive than others, but Breedlove probably makes one of if not the best mounts. And yes you could have used 6in riser as well. Sorry I could not respond earlier been on the road since 5:45am.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its fine. im just glad to be getting so much help. i belive i have a few ground straps laying around like that. they use them a lot on truck beds, engines, etc... i was a mechanic for almost 3 years and then got called to work at a body shop doing all the frame and mechanical work and now i do a little bit of it all, so im always getting neat things that are left over from damaged vehicles i know you said the antenna base needs to be level or above the roof line. i some what understand why as far as interference goes, but im not comfortable drilling or mounting my antenna to the roof i could possibly build a headache rack for my truck to mount it too but im not too sure on that either..my question is how much will it hurt to possibly mount it to the rear driver side stake pocket?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

howdy!

How about something off the tool box with a L going over the roof just above it? Just some food for thought. And yes you know what I am speaking of then about the grounding straps, good deal. Also if you can mount it center of the tool box and get the base level or above the roof close as possible to the roof it should help. It is about interference as well as having some metal under the antenna base itself. It provides the counter poise and ground plane needed. The more roof generally the Better the ground plane as rf travels this way, along metal. So it goes with saying more metal is better. Keep up the good work. And god bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok i get where you are coming from. ill be knocking birds out of the sky soon if i make a bracket lol. ill have to think on a bracket idea, im very picky and dont want some redneck ingenuity (wich i have a lot of) looking mounts i want it to look like it belongs on the truck thats the main reason i was thinking headache rack.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knock bridges with mine lol. It's 14ft to the tip. Works well though!! There are a couple of members that may be able to help more than me, JJD is one of them, he is great with this kind of stuff, there are some others that have similar setup's as yours. Post another thread about the mount and antenna and you should get more responses as well. I will help as much as I can, I spent a lot of time refining my antenna system and it is well worth every penny I have spent as I can talk around the world driving at highway speed.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thats awesome lol. sound almost like the kc lights i use to have on my play toy. i hit a traffic light one night... ill take your advice and make a new post specifically for the mount and antenna i would love to get a 20 mile range going if possible (im on the border of the boondocks out here)Name:  10003475_10202198256370213_562029186_n.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  60.0 KB
    been building this rig for about 2 years now. she will be getting some cb gear before too long

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet truck. And I noticed your dx numbers are 222 same as me, good deal. 222 Daytona beach, FL. Right now I am in Louisville, KY working. I work around the southern US a lot, haven't been to Bama for a while though, used to work all over from Birmingham to mobile and everywhere between. Anyway, got to get some rest here, any issues or questions you can PM me if you like, I will respond as soon as i can. And no worries about the help, enjoy helping others. It's more fun talking to more people and I have met some very nice people on this forum as well. Good night and god bless. 73's

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Josh
    Great place you have chosen for help .. Some very smart helpful people right hear ! Saved my bacon a few times.. lol ;-)
    Enjoy the rest of the site too..
    Give me a call on 38 LSB 27:385 one day... :-) How many pill's is too many ?

Solar Radio 351.... Tasmania, Australia.

.....Smile and enjoy life ...

" Most Southern Station in this Nation"

Visitors found this page by searching for

None