preps

Thread: My 4 Wheeler (ATV/Quad) CB Radio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 4 Wheeler (ATV/Quad) CB Radio

Thought I'd share a picture of the setup I use my on 4 wheeler. Until 2 weeks ago I was using a thinner, 48" "Freightliner" brand fiberglass antenna, but I rolled the 4 wheeler over and it snapped the stud mount and the antenna both, so I just put my spare Firestik on it.
    Added a mic hanger so the mic won't come bouncing off and dangle in the mud any more. The radio is just a little Cobra 19 Ultra III from Wal-Mart. Probably the cheapest Cobra radio you can buy, but for what it is I'm pretty happy. It has been rained on, snowed on, the mic has been dangled in the mud, and the 4 wheeler landed on top of it when it rolled over, and it still works just fine. It obviously doesn't do as good as the 148 GTLs I have in the house and the cars, but I figured hey, if I tear it up going off road on a 4 wheeler, I'm out $20-$30 if I buy one brand new.
    Name:  P1010048.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  2.65 MB

Name:  P1010049.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  1.59 MB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerowen For This Useful Post:

Mistah Gravy (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just used gorilla tape to secure the radio to the rack up front. The gorilla tape sticks and doesn't let it shift like a zip tie would, since it's a pretty small radio and wants to fall in between the bars when you leave it loose.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many pills in the amp?
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallman View Post
    How many pills in the amp?
    No amp, barefooted, Cobra 19, :P

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty nice. I used to have a Kawasaki mule 610 with a 3 foot fiberglass antenna on the rear middle of the role cage and a tuned up cobra 19 ultra III mounted under the dash. Worked pretty well when running around town or when wheeling. Even talked to the local stations a few times.
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm actually getting together a couple of radios and have to pick up another antenna and i am going to outfit my Prairie 400 and my Fourtrax 300FW with CB's and Wilson's. I have a Wilson 500 for the Prairie and I just asked someone on here about their Cobra Real Tree that i'd like to buy and put on the prairie and on my Fourtrax I am going to get another Wilson 500 and put one of my 10/11/meter 148's on there.I think it would be a hoot if i could get my amps on each of the quads and set-up one of my spare Antron 99's to stand up when i sit stationary so i can shoot some skip from out on the trails up high in an area in range of my house.
    my son doesn't get up to ride with me that often so that is why i have kind of dragged my feet on fully setting the radios up but after seeing that Cobra 29 on here for sale it has ignited under me to get it for the Prairie at least.
    Nice set up bro-there are these radio mounts sold on eBay for between $15 and $20 depending on radio size, that i am going to get another one or actually two and use them to mount my CB's on the quads.they are very nice radio mounts and adjustable up/down/right/left/tall/short! definitely worth every penny!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None