So the thread is for the information of the OP only? No one else can gain insight into a similar problem or dilemma? No one can add thoughts to the problem? I'm sorry, I didn't see where the thread was closed. I must have been drunk Besides, the Universe is always concocting solutions to various things. Old thread or new, added wisdom should always be welcome for others to read. If you started a new thread for every branch of the river, information would be spread out over the board like Teslas Patents. No one would know what solution went with what predicament. BTW, I wasn't digging through any archives. This thread was near the top of the forum.

I guess if you want to get really technical, this is a classified thread where the OP was looking for an antenna to buy. Therefor the only person who should respond would be one who has an antenna to sell. All the other replies offering unsolicited advice was not inline with the intent of the forum category either.

Too cool Caveman, I'm glad you found some performing mag mounts. I use the big Tram on my Buick. Everything else has bolted on Antennas. I had a Lil Wil but the internal soldier kept breaking causing intermittent signal problems as the antenna wiggled in the wind. I prefer the Hustler with the stress relief spring at the coil end.

And you are correct, a well installed antenna leaves no sloppy coax. That's why I mentioned to shy away from mag mounts on a trunk lid. It's an improper application. There is no way to secure the coax save putting p-clips all over the top and bottom of your trunk lid

I'll try to keep the OP date in mind, but reserve the right to open my mind and my mouth to let others know my opinions, I'm kinda like that. Must be the teacher in me struggling to stay alive.