preps

Thread: Amp suggestions for big radio's

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amp suggestions for big radio's

Hi all I'm looking for amp suggestions for a couple big radios. I have a RCI 6900 f25 and a RCI 2970 (on the way) Now I'm looking for a good amp for one or both of them. My base station will likely have the 2970 and with the Sirio Gainmaster antenna I am running I am limited to about 500 watts. On the other hand the 6900 will probably go in the Jeep I drive daily. I'm thinking I'll put the uniden PC122 in my other jeep with the texas star 350. Since they seem to work well together. Doubt I want to go much above a 4 pill so I don't have to worry about changing the alternator etc.. But I do want good clean amps with AB bias for sideband use. I also want to make sure whatever amp(s) I do get can handle the power of the radios without locking up like the 350 does being driven with the rci 6900.

I'm thinking I would like to get two alike or at least by the same manufacturer so the spare parts could be interchangeable.

Which brings up a second question what kind of spares should be kept on hand. BTW I live two miles down an old logging road. ROUGH is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

I also have the 2970 getting a switch to turn the internal amp off in case I want to run either barefoot or with a larger external amp. It's not the new 2970n2 it's one of the older models.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you may be able to give.
    Last edited by stang; 06-03-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

Visitors found this page by searching for

fatboy amps 8 pill price

davemade 1x4 vs. texas star dx500v