preps
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 2970 Shipped Out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even want to know what the inside looks like stang. Most likely butchered!!!! Send that thing back ASAP and get your money back!! JMO. It is not what you ordered and now with different components you KNOW it's been hacked as it has a different amp section. Be wary and be careful. If it were me I would not power it, package it back up and send it the hell out!! That is just BS!! Order one radio and get a POS!!! And you paid over 400? No way, no how is that good business practice in my book. Damn crooks is what it sounds like!! I hate to hear you got it like you did. It's total BS and needs to be addressed!!! If this is the quality of work and business practices of the said seller, people need to know. It just sucks that it had to happen to an honest person that I am sure works hard for his money!!! Hope all works out, but like I said I would try even power it, they may try to screw you. Take a bunch of photos of it and dispute it!!! JMO. Do not use it as they will try to pin any failure on you. Trust me. If this is the way they sell, imagine the "lifetime warranty" wonder what the small print says!!! Sorry for the rant stang, I feel your pain and don't think it's cool at all!! Will get that stuff in the mail ASAP for ya. Been a long day today. Anyway good luck and god bless

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

stang (06-16-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The knobs had come half off or off completely in transit I guess. The plug has been hot glued in the back.

Emailed them they said If I want to ship it back for a full refund tomorrow no problem. Now that I pushed the knobs back on and wiped it down it doesn't look so bad, guess I should give it a try.

222 are you by the band tonight and is skip running?

Thanks
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm on 38lsb but can go up to 27.405 lsb if you can go. Or I will listen on 38lsb. I'm listening on the base now

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's just not right stang. Be careful. Be wary!! I am listening now.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok Ill go get it hooked up now. Ill try you first on my other radio 27.405
    STANG
    .............​ 406

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No conditions to your area that I can hear, it's all out west from here. Give me a few and I will be back on as I just arrived home from work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

stang (06-16-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You paid 400 for a radio? Seriously, does this thing have a gold brick in it? Don't even think about it. Send it back. A 29 or a 148 with a 2 pill is all you need. With that set up if you get restless you can add a four or six pill later.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 856; 06-16-2014 at 09:32 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 856 For This Useful Post:

stang (06-16-2014), the caveman (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I hooked it up didn't make any ssb contacts but the locals said it sounds much better than my 6900. The blue display looks good too. So as soon as I can see how it does on ssb I'll let you all know. But it looks like a keeper. Mike or his tech was more than willing for me to send it back for a full refund according to their email. The case cleaned up pretty good and the knobs were knocked loose in shipping I guess. He said they hot glue the plug in the back due to having had problems in the past. Need more talk time to be sure but everyone who I talked to said it sounded GOOD. Did get a bit hot on the bottom but not to bad.

Thanks

PS Now I just need to learn how to work all the functions.
    STANG
    .............​ 406

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know if you need a Fan for it, can throw one in. Have a few pico and sandisk brushless HO fans that kick ass. They will take a finger tip off lol. Anyway I hope all works out and the radio works the way YOU want it to!! If that is the case great!! Sorry I couldn't hear you tonight, conditions were all out west from here. Cali and Arizona were rocking my RX. Anyway again hope it all works out and will be in touch soon. God bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Warm / hot as it got last night I am thinking a fan is a good idea. I spent a few min looking for one last night. All locals said it sounded great. Doesn't drive the texas star 500 very hard. Did tell mike I would be using it some so they must have set it up accordingly. I wont have a lot of talk time for a while as this is the busy time of year for me..

You all have a great day.
    STANG
    .............​ 406

Visitors found this page by searching for

None