preps
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2970 Shipped Out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 2970 Shipped Out

This will be my new base radio if all goes well.

Just jot the email a little while ago that my RCI 2970 has shipped out. I will let you all know how it goes when it gets here. I had already ordered from RadioActive radio's before having several people tell not to. Hope it wasn't a mistake. Only time will tell. I had ordered a new 2950 then the guy called and said there was some kind of problem with the new radios. He then offered to send me a like new 2970 with a bunch of upgrades and any color display I wanted. I asked for blue. If the radio turns out good I'll be a happy camper but facing reality I'm not holding my breath. It's a chance we all take ordering stuff off the net.

BTW he says he warranty's the radio for life. Which was why I chose his shop in the first place. If I get lucky I'll never find out if he actually stands behind his radio's. I had ordered a new 2950 with several upgrades which were all done to the 2970 along with the blue display. If everything is up and up it should be a great radio. If not I just wasted a significant amount of money.

Only Time Will Tell

73s
    Last edited by stang; 06-10-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    This will be my new base radio if all goes well.

Just jot the email a little while ago that my RCI 2970 has shipped out. I will let you all know how it goes when it gets here. I had already ordered from RadioActive radio's before having several people tell not to. Hope it wasn't a mistake. Only time will tell. I had ordered a new 2950 then the guy called and said there was some kind of problem with the new radios. He then offered to send me a like new 2970 with a bunch of upgrades and any color display I wanted. I asked for blue. If the radio turns out good I'll be a happy camper but facing reality I'm not holding my breath. It's a chance we all take ordering stuff off the net.

BTW he says he warranty's the radio for life. Which was why I chose his shop in the first place. If I get lucky I'll never find out if he actually stands behind his radio's. I had ordered a new 2950 with several upgrades which were all done to the 2970 along with the blue display. If everything is up and up it should be a great radio. If not I just wasted a significant amount of money.

Only Time Will Tell

73s

Becareful with Mike over there. 1ST they don't have there own service shop everything is sent out for service that is reason for sometimes up to 3 months to get a radio back. If you are not extremely happy during your return period of maybe 2 weeks, return if possible. I had my 2950 done up and had a personal friend who worked in shop who told me all the details. 1ST he changed out the original finals with inexpensive Workman Finals, and painted the final so it was difficult to even see. There is no way to even check a radio he sells you because he puts a seal, that if broken he says will destroy your warranty. I actually was able to speak with a shop he fed the work out to, and he was the one who told me all the stuff he does, charges for mods that aren't even done. The radio worked overall pretty well, but once past return period a nightmare to deal with him. Especially a 2970 if your a big talker they are known to heat up and blow. Give it a good test drive during the return period. PM me and I can give you alot more personal information about this guy. Hate to see you ripped off by him. Have a great day.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

the caveman (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I was afraid of that after I had ordered from him. Sounds like you had a bad time with him. Sorry to hear that.

Well time will tell. I did tell him to install a switch to turn the built in amp off so if I wanted to use a external amp I could. I'm not typically long winded but when I do get it here Ill try and give it a good workout. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and have smooth sailing. I explained to him I wanted a long lasting durable radio with a clean sound and also wanted the receive mod done. He sure does like to talk though. If his or his peoples work is as good as his mouth running it ought to be one hell of a radio. lol

I hear you on 27.3850 lsb from time to time but I didn't have the juice to reach back.

Thanks
    STANG
    .............​ 406

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nothing Is warranty for life,,,,lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wi544 For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I was afraid of that after I had ordered from him. Sounds like you had a bad time with him. Sorry to hear that.

Well time will tell. I did tell him to install a switch to turn the built in amp off so if I wanted to use a external amp I could. I'm not typically long winded but when I do get it here Ill try and give it a good workout. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and have smooth sailing. I explained to him I wanted a long lasting durable radio with a clean sound and also wanted the receive mod done. He sure does like to talk though. If his or his peoples work is as good as his mouth running it ought to be one hell of a radio. lol

I hear you on 27.3850 lsb from time to time but I didn't have the juice to reach back.

Thanks

Not just me after did some research on web, he has ripped alot of people off. I have spoke to many tech's from east coast to west coast that know all about him. Like I said if can return, would recommend. PM so we talk privately and give you some good idea's on how to get 100% refund. And can hook you up with a reputable tech to buy and tune radio for 1/4 of the price.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Home of the super whack pack isn't it?? Hope they don't do you wrong, have heard some horror stories myself!! Hope all works out!! God bless

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

the caveman (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NY714 View Post
    Not just me after did some research on web, he has ripped alot of people off. I have spoke to many tech's from east coast to west coast that know all about him. Like I said if can return, would recommend. PM so we talk privately and give you some good idea's on how to get 100% refund. And can hook you up with a reputable tech to buy and tune radio for 1/4 of the price.

Let me get the radio here and see what we are dealing with first. Maybe just maybe I'll get lucky you never know. But if not I will be contacting you thanks for the offer.
    STANG
    .............​ 406

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be wary!! That is all I will say stang. If you are able to pop the bottom off and have a look I would highly recommend doing so!! JMO. And as far as a lifetime warranty, I am going to call BS on that as I have never heard of a lifetime warranty on any radio made. I could very well be wrong, but I have yet to find a shop that offers "lifetime warranties". Just another sales pitch. Yes there have been some QC issues with the 2950, but what is the difference between it and the 2970, and added amp section which could potentially have more issues in the end. I have read a few threads lately where techs have had brand new rci 2950's come across their bench with loose connections and piss poor soldering. Lack of QC at RCI, all brand new radios. With that said, get the radio and get some reports from some locals you can trust. I hope that all works out and you get a great radio!! But just hearing where you purchased it is like running your fingernails down the chalkboard. Makes your face just pucker up lol. Again good luck and god bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me get the radio here and see what we are dealing with first. Maybe just maybe I'll get lucky you never know. But if not I will be contacting you thanks for the offer.
    Cool, but rarely will be happy with the price paid verse the quality of radio. But get radio first and be sure to ask about return policy from Mike. He probably won't let you return or discourage you by saying he will only give partial refund, not credit you back back for work he has already done. Just PM me and we can talk and can tell you how to get around his BS. His lifetime warranty you would never use because of shipping price and turn-around time on warranty go to the end and can be 3-4 months.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

stang (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you receive your radio yet stang?? I know FED-EX ground has been a turtle!! Will be ordering from closer to the house next time!! Hope all goes well and that the radio is working correctly upon receiving it. God bless and have fun with that new toy, I'm jealous lol. I wants a new radio too!! Anyway good day. 73's.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None