preps

Thread: 714 in Florida

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

714 in Florida

So I was on 3 AM barefooted (4 watt carrier, swings ~12), when lo and behold a guy in St. Petersburg, FL rolled in, but it got kind of awkward for a minute. It was one of those times where somebody rolls in way after dark, you say hello, expecting them to roll back out with the clouds, except he hung around, for like 2 hours. After we all wished him well and said howdy we welcomed him right into the conversation and had a big ol' time. He seemed like a nice guy, said we were all hammering on him down there, although where I'm at he was the only one I could hear besides those guys on 6 bleeding me to death. I kicked it up a notch to holler at him, but he said he could hear me when I went barefooted to talk to the locals, so the conditions must have been in his favor for a factory Cobra 148 to be shooting skip without any help, :P

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool neat how that works sometimes.

Have fun
    STANG
    .............​ 406
    ........................OUT

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello 714 in Florida, Welcome to the forum you have World Radio 714 from Long Island New York Waiving a hand to you. Look forward to catching you on band. I am sure you will hear me, being i get all over the world. I have now been an Official World Radio Member for Months now also. Glad to see more 714 on the bands.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NY714 View Post
    Hello 714 in Florida, Welcome to the forum you have World Radio 714 from Long Island New York Waiving a hand to you. Look forward to catching you on band. I am sure you will hear me, being i get all over the world. I have now been an Official World Radio Member for Months now also. Glad to see more 714 on the bands.
    I'm actually 323 in Kentucky, I just spoke to 714 in Florida and thought it was neat that skip rolled in after dark and he hung around for several hours, :P

Visitors found this page by searching for

cb radio 714 dies