preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shockwave 5/8 coming

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

shockwave 5/8 coming

Hi to all first time post. my trusty old Station Master broke in a nasty storm here in Adelaide
    wondering what to buy so went for the Shockwave 5/8 antenna, never had one of these antennas
    before have read a few posts on the net about them they seem to do the job. been a long time since
    have worked 27mgz use to been very keen operator 20 years ago they were the days you could talk skip on a piece of string, interstate and international was great have heaps of qsl cards from all over the world so my first question is when is the skip coming back and my other question is about my new antenna is whats the best height for my 5/8 my Station Master was on a 20 ft poll would this be ok
    regards Stan

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, :-)

I'm kind of new to the hobby myself, so I'm always learning something new. I live in eastern Kentucky and go by 323 when shooting skip. Locally everybody calls me Retro. In the evening I hang out on 3 AM with the locals. When I'm shooting skip I spend most of my time on 38 LSB so I don't have to fight with the mess of carrier waves on AM.

In regards to your antenna, I'm running a Solarcon A-99 on a 24 foot pole and it has worked great for me here in the mountains of eastern Kentucky. I've talked to Ireland when conditions were good, and I can talk to a lot of local people that others can't. I'm not an expert, and realize that the things around you have an effect, but I would think that 20 foot pole would be fine.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 5/8 wave MK1 station master is the best antenna ever I am told, I have made 2 of them, you can make one with simple hand tools, vice, drill hacksaw, file, pop riveter, hammer, tuning is the hand part.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Hi to all first time post. my trusty old Station Master broke in a nasty storm here in Adelaide
    wondering what to buy so went for the Shockwave 5/8 antenna, never had one of these antennas
    before have read a few posts on the net about them they seem to do the job. been a long time since
    have worked 27mgz use to been very keen operator 20 years ago they were the days you could talk skip on a piece of string, interstate and international was great have heaps of qsl cards from all over the world so my first question is when is the skip coming back and my other question is about my new antenna is whats the best height for my 5/8 my Station Master was on a 20 ft poll would this be ok
    regards Stan
    Good Luck with that antenna...There's another member here that lives down-under that ordered one of those and never got it, or his money back...Kept getting the run-around for several months, then no antenna...

Check out this thread...
    http://www.cbjunkies.com/threads/126...kwave-antennas
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 09-30-2014 at 06:19 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be 351. He was right PO'ed about that JJD. He spent a little bit of loot to get that thing and waited and waited. Good luck to you Stan!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    222DBFL where did 351 order his antenna from?
    Last edited by Tallman; 10-01-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't remember but if you click the link JJD posted he talked about it. Don't know if he ever did get it. I hear him occasionally on 38lsb but can't get back to him over the CALI guys. I know he waited for a long time and even moved so lord knows if he got it. Odds are not likely. It's been a bit since I have heard from him on the forums as well. He did end up getting an icom ic7200 but I have heard him on 38lsb not too long ago so I know he is still around. Maybe he will chime in eventually. Hope all is well. God bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    regards Stan
    ive seen it on the net. reminds me of another 5/8 antenna. cant say on its performance
    but 20 foot pole will be ok . sure higher will better of course. skip is rolling these days
    listen to ch.28 am or 38 lsb . im on 38 lsb most of the time
    base-AR3500 ,palamar 250,d104 w/ 10da head ,sirio 2016,ll400 coax
    mobile-s.s. 3900, sirio z180 , astatic 636S.E

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stan may not of ever got it...He made that one post, and never returned!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know he got an icom 7200 and then disappeared lol. Haven't heard from him In a long time, even on the radio. I know he moved but it's like he fell off the map lol.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1320-shockwave-5-8-coming

shockwave antenna

station master mk1 antenna