preps
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: modulation pots

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure. Try a google search and see what comes up. I know that the variable is a weak link though from other Posts on other forums. Open amp up and have a look it may be a heavy duty potentiometer. I have never had a variable power like that, only ones with switches. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will jump in and help out. Popping the lid and looking around will help. Also another thing to look for is burnt resistors next to the inputs for the transistors. Look for any burnt resistors. If they are burnt the transistors may be bad but for what you paid, you could rebuild it for way cheaper than a new one!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

gasman (07-15-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again 222! Wish you were up this way so I could buy you a cup of joe. You've been a great help. Will update progress as I make it. Gonna borrow a few books from a buddy who took electronics classes years ago. See where that gets me. For reference do you recommend any radio shops? Unfortunately around here there are none.
    Gasman

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries man, one day pass it forward. Help someone. That's all I ask. It's good karma!! Seriously, I wish I could help more, just not an amp expert. Not my forte'. But I have learned a few things through my own experiences and through reading posts. Hope you get it fixed and god bless.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

gasman (07-15-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

what measures the dead key on the pdc2on theswr and power meter

uniden 980 modulation pot

voodoo audio modulation ssb radios settings