...2015 Freightliner Cascadia,
    ...Wilson 2-bolt plate w/post made for Cascadia mirrors,
    ...Standard 2-bolt antenna mount,
    ...Wilson 2000 Trucker antenna,
    ...Standard antenna lug connector,
    ...9ft mini-8 coax - new,
    ...Cobra 29 - peaked & tuned w/echo and a hi/low deadkey added,
    ...Older RK56 mic w/capasitor swap

Now that that's done, on to my problem. After installing the bracket to the front two mirror bolts on my driver's side mirror, and running a separate ground wire from that mounting plate down to a solid metal bracket located under the hood that is grounded directly to the frame, I am unable to get my SWRs below 2.5. That 2.5 was achieved after angling the antenna approximately 45°, thereby moving the whip of the antenna further away from the body of the truck. I am at a loss and could really use some help or advice. Thanks guys and gals!Name:  FB_IMG_1411404065269.jpg
Views: 4667
Size:  1.99 MB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try a clamp style mirror mount about halfway out from the cab. Should see better swr there.
    QUACKA QUACKA FOR A MUD DUCK CHECK QUACK QUACK

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those pairs are pretty tough to tune when on the dual coax matcher or fed individually. Match them by them selves with an RG58 connection, getting each as low as possible then switch to the dual coax harness (RG59) to match them together. Start with the stingers as long as possible.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Run thicker gauged wire..Use short lengths and attach to as many a possible metal points..

Ex....mirror arm to door hinge on dor side....Door side hinge to cab side hinge..Cab side hinge to chassie..

I have seen zero diff when useing one long length....With a few short length at say 8-12ga my swr came down and i got rid of alot of so called white noise and gained reciption..Oh i discovered that my ant stud was junk to..Look for that beefy allumium colored stud by wilson..When you lean the ant like i think i see in the pic,your tricking your radio into seeing a lower swr..All your doin after 15-25 degrees is sending your signal to miners..lol

Looks so effing stupid to see super trucker runnin down the road with ant pointing so low it looks like bull horns..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    **UPDATE**

Well, I ended up completely removing the mirror bracket and Sanya completely new system. I fashioned a bracket to come up from the top handrail bolt on the drivers side rear of the sleeper. Off of that I attached a bar that extends from the airline hanger, across the top of the bracket and out the side of the sleeper approx. 8 inches. There I mounted a standard mirror bracket and my Wilson 2000 Trucker and a seperate 10ga ground wire from one of the bracket bolts over to and down the handrail to the bottom of the sleeper wall then over a few inches to one of the airline junction bolts, after removing the bolt wire-brushing the paint away for a solid metal-to-metal connection. I they ran a single 50 foot coax down the back wall, under the sleeper into the engine bay, through the firewall and up to the radio. I knew 50 would be too long but it is a friend's coax and I don't wanton cut it since I'll be giving it back once I get a custom cut 28 foot piece to replace it. Before this 50 foot piece, I tried an 18 don't and a 9 don't section connected with a barrel connector, but I still couldn't get the SWRs down. Turned out that I was losing too much RF through that barrel connection, so I replaced it. Anyway, after doing all of that and some trimming of the length while adjusting the SWR, I know have a 1.1:1 SWR on all channels with microscopic movement of the needle when checking various channels! Problem solved!!!!Name:  20141121_144949.jpg
Views: 4636
Size:  2.36 MBName:  20141121_145011.jpg
Views: 4624
Size:  2.66 MBName:  20141121_145020.jpg
Views: 4598
Size:  2.60 MBName:  20150223_135453.jpg
Views: 4475
Size:  1.85 MB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jfogle....Thats basically the same idea i have been messing with..Only difference is that ill have cab flairings and different mount brackets to deal with for mounting..

Hows your range...

I dont have my new truck yet,still in a 2011 volvo..My 2015 cascadia should be in within the next cpl of weeks..

Ill have to make a sort of parts/materials list,get some lmr 400 or rg213 coax...I wonder though if its worth the efforts to run one of my predator 10k or both..
    Maybe make more work formyself and set one 10k up for the lower channels and other for higher channels on a switcher..
    Either way,cant do squat till new truck shows up and i hope i can use company shop..To damn cold outside here in eastern canada..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey craig_sez, my range is great! With my 88 I get a good 7 miles here in WV With trees and mountains. On the open road I get upwards of 10 miles with no box! With you having fairings, you could always cut a hole in the fairing where the rod would come out, or even replace one of the fairing bolts near the same height as the top of the door with a perch like you'd use on your Volvo. Just remember, no matter what you end up doin, make sure you run a solid ground wire to a spot that is bare metal. Big time must do thing right there!! Good luck!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO those bird perches are crap..

On my volvo i used a hd mount and stud on the mirror arm and grounded...

Im not a fan of hackin up a trk in any way be it indide or out,it looks half assed and cheap..

My cascadia is a company trk so i gotta be creative..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Understood. A friend with the same truck did something similar, only instead of extending out passed the side he went straight up the rear of the sleeper off of the same bolt with the same type of bracket as me, just mounted his wilson at the top of the bracket and running his ground the same as me. His wilson is approx the same height as mine and his SWRs are 1.2&1.3, respectively. Just another option.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the low swr is nice,less than 5% loss...His issue will be reflection..Think of it as if you put a rock in a bucket and shook the crap outta it...Not much gettin out and not much gettin in..

Visitors found this page by searching for

stryker 955 and frieghtliner cascadia

best cb antenna for freightliner cascadia

freightliner cascadia cb problems

2015 freightliner cascadia cb antenna location

2015 freightliner cascadia cb antenna

cascadia issues

freightliner cascadia cb antenna door mount

2015 cascadia cb radio problems

best cb antenna mount location freightliner cascadia

2016 cascadia cb radio problems

freightliner cascadia cb antenna mount

freightliner cascadia radio antenna

freightliner cascadia coax location

puting a predator ten k antanna on the 2016 cascadia frightliners trucks

cascadia mirror mount high swr

custom antenna mount freightliner

whats the best antenna mount for freightliner cascadia

wilson cb antenna mount for freightliner cascadia

2015 Freightliner CB connectors

how to install a cb radio in a freightliner cascadia

freightliner cascadia spot mirror bird perch mount

where is the best place to ground a cb antenna mounted on the passenger side of a cascadia

best cb antenna for cascadia

how to install outside antenna cable for a 2016 freightliner Cascadia cb radio

mounting antenna on bird perch cascadia